twenty-six ; tough love

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-sixtough love

chapter twenty-six ━ tough love

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ go buy her some flowers! ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

FREYA WAS CONVINCED that she had made a grand mistake. Two weeks had passed since she first met Melody and now, sitting in her bedroom sifting through a spellbook for some practice, the thought finally occurred to her. Suddenly her mouth fell into an 'o' shape and she winced to herself as she recalled the memory. The day after she met the brunette, Rebekah had been pissed at her for some reason but at the time, she hadn't thought anything of it. But now, all the pieces were fitting together. So like the good sister she is, the witch decided to go talk to Rebekah and explain that she had no intention of winning Melody's heart.

Rebekah was downstairs in the courtyard when she approached her, reading a book. When she got closer, she realized that it was the book, the one filled with the tales from the magical realm. The page the blonde was on was the one where the Evil Queen stormed into Snow White's and Prince Charming's wedding. A smug smile was on her face.

"Quite a twist on the classic fairytales, huh?" Freya spoke up, gaining her attention.

Instantly, Rebekah shut the book, straightening her back as she cleared her throat. "Yes, but there was nothing else to read so I choose the one that looked the most interest." Her stance showed that she was embarrassed to have been caught with a book that so clearly belonged to Melody.

Freya tried to contain her smile but failed miserably. "Oh. So you choose the same exact book that details all of the people Melody knows?" The silence gave her the answer she was seeking. She moved to sit beside her but then her sister stood up, holding the book to her chest as she hid behind her mask of emotions.

"What do you want?"

"You to marry Melody and to stop sulking and thinking that she will never love you when she has a crush on you, you're just too stubborn and blind to see it."

Rebekah merely stared for a long moment, her eyes widening slightly in shock before she composed herself. She shook her head, playing it off as if her words hadn't affected her. "I don't have a crush on her, she doesn't have a crush on me. There will be no wedding because we don't have feelings for one another."

The older sister grabbed her hand and pulled her to sit on the couch. Freya held their hands together, giving Rebekah a soft expression as she could tell that she all her words were nothing but lies. "Come on, no one else is here right now. You can tell me the truth."

A long moment of silence passed before the blonde even thought of replying. Then she sighed, closing her eyes as she glanced away from Freya. "I do like her but I don't know where to go from here. She told me she's bisexual so there's a chance. It's just. . .I feel like if I ask her out, I'll be pushing her to say yes because she'll feel bad for saying no."

Freya hummed, nodding her head as she now understood. "That is the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard." Rebekah gave her a nasty look, glaring. "You need to stop being scared and finally tell her how you feel because if you don't, the two of you are going to go around in circles. That is unless one of you steps up and confesses to the other. So, I suggest you get off your ass and go buy her some flowers."

The tough love was exactly what Rebekah needed because she needed up sighing, caving in, and got up. When she was far enough away, she smiled to herself, breathing in the fresh air. Because now she felt as if she could do this. All she had to do was buy Melody flowers, give them to her, and then be honest about her feelings.

She was going to tell Melody that her crush has been her all along.