The True Past Is Bitter

Elle was a small child when she learned what her biological father was a part of. When she was young, and even to current day, he had been a politician, involved with many twisted crimes he wasn't afraid to admit to. This continues to list off as the deaths of thousands in order to keep his reputation, along with one person in particular. Her father always tried teaching her to follow in his footsteps, but she refused. Even when young, she knew what he was doing was wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now, my flower, do you see this?" Her father smiled and gestured towards a small model of dynamite. "Do you remember what I called these?"

"Sunshine..?" Elle answered, still confused on why her father called it that.

"Yes. I call it that because when this goes off, it makes a light just as bright as the sun. That's also why I call you my sunshine girl."

"Because I'm going to explode?!?!"

"No, no!" He chuckled. "You're explosive, like dynamite. You have a temper just like me, silly. You are just like me. You're a strong girl and I know you won't let anyone get in your way. Am I right?"

"I'm not just like you, dad... Not even close..." She said in a quiet tone.

"Excuse me?" He said in a growl-like tone of voice. "You are going to follow in my footsteps. I do so much more good than you see, my sunshine girl. Just remember, explosives are as bright as the sun, my child."

"Okay, dad..." She sighed. She only said this out of fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elle knew something was going to happen if she didn't agree with him, but she did not know what at that age. Her worst fear was for others to get hurt, so that was what she aimed to prevent. She couldn't handle seeing others in pain. It's bad enough she has had blood on her hands because of her father before, and that wasn't from ending the life of animals... He taught her how to be a killing machine. He taught her how to kill with anything within arm's reach and taught her that everyone was out to get her. She was forced to learn to kill with any weapon, even if it's a spoon. Yes, a spoon.

She holds the fact she has killed and had seen and felt the blood her father had shed due to him wanting to desensitize her.

The last chapter was a lie. She never had a positive childhood. She wants you to think that. She wants the illusion of happiness to throw you all off.