Chapter 1

'Playing hard to get'

Chapter 1- Goodbye London, Hello Australia!

'Bethany Lawson if I have to ask you to get your arse down here one more time than there's going to be trouble'

Urgh, that's my mum, she's been so moody lately, I don't know what's happened to her. Maybe it was about me getting bullied at school or it's the first time moving since dad left us... (It's a long story).

Anyway, hi im Bethany Lawson- just call me Beth. This is my last day of waking up to a rain drop running down my window pane. Why you may ask?

Well, im moving, moving to Melbourne in Australia.

'Beth, you better get a move on or mum will probably end up kicking your ass' as I heard with a figure peeking around my door. It was Kennedy.

Kennedy's my younger sister. Only by 2 years. Even though, she acts like she's the older one. More mature and so much taller than me.

I must admit i was dreading moving. Leaving all my friends behind. Oh wait. Who am I kidding? Since when was there a time i had actual real

Friends? Oh yeah... NEVER!

In my past, I wasn't really a confident person AT ALL! I either scared them away with an evil smile or I ran away from them because they scared me.

I decided to trot down the stairs to where my mum stood helping the taxi driver put our cases in the boot. I jumped in the back of the taxi, put my headphones in my ears and ignored the entire world.

~

After an hour drive to the airport it was time for checking in and going for security. We had to wait 30 minutes to get till the gate was open. So we decided to go to Starbucks. My absolute favourite! As I sipped my latte, I could feel the hot sensation of the sweet liquid proceeding down my throat. Oh how I missed a great taste of a latte tickling my taste buds. I hadn't had a Starbucks for about 2 weeks until now.

"Gate 8 is now available for boarding, travelling to Australia, Melbourne". That must be my flight. Shit. I'm not ready yet. What am I talking about? All my stuff are in boxes probably all the way over the English Channel by now. This is it! As I boarded the plane, I could see all the people down the aisles fitting their luggage in the over-head compartment. I thought to myself: 'how on earth am I going to get past all these people!'

I walked down the aisle and it turned out as a big mistake! When I say big, I mean big! So, yeah, I was walking down the aisle and in front of me stood a broad, muscular young man (I'd say about in his 20's). He was getting his bag down from the over-head compartment and BOOM! I was laid on a 40 year old man with my head in between some other old man's legs- I mean, how embarrassing! Not only that, my white, flowered kimono was ruined from the man's tea poured all over the front of it.

After the massive incident, I sat down next to the window where I always sat whenever we were on a plane. As always, I put my headphones in and ignored the entire world.

After 7 hours straight...

*buzz* buzz* buzz*

I got distracted my phone buzzing, it was a text Zoe. Zoe was my best and only friend I had in London.

"Have a good time, I'll miss you! I'll come visit in the holidays! Love You Lots like Jelly Tots"

Damn that girl is cheesy! Aw, bless. Missing me already it's probably because I'm too fabulous!

I locked my phone and got back to how I was and dozed over.

~

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Melbourne, where the local time is 19:21, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the air-craft has come to a complete stop and the seat belt signs are switched off. Before leaving the air craft please ensure that all your personal items with you, please take care with opening the over-head locker as items may have moved during the flight. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you with flying with Virgin Atlantic and wish you a safe journey"

Eurgh can the announcements shut the f**k up!

As you may have guessed... I have arrived in Australia, Melbourne!

I walked out of the aircraft door and I could feel the gorgeous breeze of heat. All that I can say is how better the weather was comparing to London.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it was a rubbish... Its my first time writing and it all just came to my head.
Vote, comment and share ✌

Hope you liked it, comment any ideas you have

Thank you,

Bethany x