Chapter 2

Chapter 2

MAAGANG pumasok si Elana sa opisina the next day. She wanted to talk to Liam about the project. Nakapagdesisyon na siyang hindi niya tatanggapin iyon. Whatever was happening between them was too much for her to handle. And she thinks she's not professional enough to work with him. She might compromise the outcome of the project. Napakaimportante pa naman nito.

She went directly to his office and asked his secretary if he was busy. Ng mabigyan siya ng go signal na pumasok ay pumasok na siya.

Liam was sitting on behind his desk clearly waiting for her.

"Mr. Montreal, I want to back out from the project you proposed." It was now or never. She wanted it out already.

Tumaas naman ang kilay ng binata. "Is this because of what happened between us?"

She blushed remembering what they did in that couch yesterday.

"I'm sure it won't happen again. Lalo na ngayon kasi hindi na ako parte ng project na to," she answered indignantly.

"Are you sure?" tanong nito habang nakatingin ng mataman sa kanya. "You still have a debt to pay."

"What debt?" nakakunot ang nuong tanong niya.

"I made you come yesterday. Shouldn't you return the favor? I want you to-"

Pareho silang natigilan ng binata ng may tumikhim. She looked at her right and almost fainted when she saw Julius Montreal sitting on the couch at the side.

"I think that's too much information for me, son," napapailing na sabi nito. He was smiling while looking at them.

Liam's father was there the whole time listening to them? Nakakahiya!

"Sir, pasensya po. Hindi ko po kayo napansin," hingi niya ng paumanhin sa nakakatandang lalaki.

He smiled warmly at her and stood up. "It's ok, hija. You got caught up in your heated discussion with my son."

Nag-init ang kanyang mga pisngi sa sinabi ng matanda. She knows that he knows what happened yesterday. Nakita siya nitong tumatakbo paalis ng shop with her messy hair and outfit.

"Why don't you come over for dinner later? We'll talk about your decision with this project. My wife is also coming home and we both want to see a good outcome for the company's anniversary."

She looked at him shocked. Was he seriously inviting him over to their house for dinner?

"Liam is all praise when it comes to your work. So we know you're the best for this."

Napatingin siya kay Liam. He talks about her to his parents? Agad na nag-iwas ng tingin ang binata.

"We'll see you later, ok? I have to go," paalam nito. He nodded at Liam and smiled at her before exiting the room.

She was lost in thought that she didn't notice Liam stand up and walk towards her. She gasped when he lifted her chin and leaned closer to her.

"Why did you run yesterday, Elana," he whispered huskily. Naamoy niya ang mabango nitong hininga dahil napakalapit nila sa isa't isat.

She took a step backwards. Kumunot ang nuo ng binata.

"Can we not talk about it? It was a mistake," she answered stiffly. Nahihiya siyang pag-usapan ang mga nangyari kahapon.

"Mistake? That was one pleasurable mistake, Miss David."

She ignored his comment. "Sir, I'm backing out from the project."