Lonely Girl of a Broken Dream

The bell rang right when Machella stepped into the classroom.There were only two more seats left she went and sat in the one in the corner of the classroom.The was really loud groups of girls and boys talking there heads off. Soon she saw the boy from earlier walk into the room."Now what was his name...Sam?No,that's not it..Sonny?.. No,...Sawyer! Yeah that's it!" she thought.The boy high fived a few guys and then sat down in the seat next to her.He looked over and smiled."Hey nice to see you again!"Sawyer said."Machella right?"Sawyer asked still smiling. "Yes"said Machella."I can't believe he's talking to me again but he is probably still trying to be polite and it was the only seat left."Machella thought. "So are you ready for that quiz today?" Sawyer asked. Machella had totally forgot about that. "I guess so"Machella said nervously."Yeah I'm not really either"Sawyer said grinning sheepishly.Machella made a small smile still unsure of this extremely kind boy.Suddenly the teacher came in the room quieting every one by tapping her ruler on the desk." Alright class settle down!"she said."Now let's review for our quiz".There was a large "Uughh" sound from all of the students."Now don't give me that,we must review".the teacher said."Now,who can tell me what the scientific term for the study of soil is?"the teacher asked.No one raised they're hand."Ok I guess I'll have to call on someone then".she said. Machella sank deep in her chair hoping that she wouldn't be called on.She never was good at school work.The teacher looked around the room and looked at Machella."Miss Brookes can you answer my question?"the teacher asked.Machella had no idea.Sawyer turned to look at her just like the rest of the class,wondering what was up. Machella felt like she was going to pass out from embarrassment."Well Miss Brookes are you going to answer my question or not?"the teacher asked crossing her arms."Um.....Science?"Michella said pretty sure it was wrong.Right then everyone in the classroom began to laugh except for Sawyer."She must be stupid!"one of the boys said."yeah really!"a girl said in agreement. As everyone else laughed even louder.Machella was on the verge of tears.Sawyer was looking at her sympathetically.Suddenly he turned around to the rest of the class and was about to defend her when the teacher cut in."That enough!" she said while tapping her ruler on the desk again.Every one got quiet then and the teacher looked over to the girl in sympathy."Im sorry sweetie that's the wrong answer".she said."Yeah sweetie".one of the boy said laughing making the whole class laugh again."I said settle down!"she said again.Machella was really crying now.And that angered Sawyer even more.The bell rang and everyone got up and began to leave. Sawyer reached a hand over to true and comfort Machella but she ran out before he could."Machella!"he said running after her. He saw her turn the corner of the hallway.By the time he got there he saw her go into the girls bathroom. He almost followed her in there but remembered it was a girls bathroom. He knocked on the door "Machella,come on,it's ok"he said.But there was no answer.So he left and walked to the next class.