Preference 1

This is how the two of you met.

Demo-Man
Tavish Finnegan DeGroot

You met him at a bar your boyfriend took you to. While your boyfriend was sucking the faces of other women he found prettier than you, he decided to swoop in and provide some well needed company. The tall, handsome African-Scott introduced himself as Tavish DeGroot, and offered to buy you a drink. At first, you told the man very little, but then found him fairly easy to talk to. He actually listened, before telling you vaguely about his profession and how he was "born to fight" as he put it. You also noticed he was quite the loud, happy drunk, which you enjoyed. Hours had passed before your boyfriend finally had his fill. However, when he saw you with Tavish, he became furious. He ended up yanking you by the wrist and dragging you out of the bar. Before he could pull you away, Tavish grabbed his arm, rewarding him with a well placed punch to the face. He barely flinched. Without another word, he held your boyfriend by the collar and took him out of the bar, where he was never seen again. What happened to him? No one knew. You and Tavish were great friends after that.

Engineer
Dell Conagher

You met him at an auto shop, car repairs and such. He was filling in for a pal of his who was on a honeymoon, and had been working hard on that sweltering, fateful day. You happened to drive towards it on your way to a huge, once in a lifetime convention before your car came to a slow stop in the middle of nowhere, and you had been having car problems all week. Aggravated, you banged on the dashboard, which only made things worse. You tried to start up your car again in a last attempt to make it to the auto shop ahead. It didn't work. You cursed multiple times as you got behind your car and began pushing it along. Dell just happened to notice you after you had been heaving for about ten minutes, slowly getting nearer to the shop. He put down his guitar and his bacon to help. You were relieved when he greeted you with a, "Hey there lil' lady. Need some help?" And you replied with a tired, "gladly." Once you got your car in the shop, he informed you that your engine was fried, and that he could repair it, but it would take a few days. You two took the spare time then to get to know each other, and you enjoyed it.

Heavy
Mikhail Chernikov

You met him at a park one cold, winter morning. It was so serene, watching the tender snowflakes dance in the brisk, morning air. Seeing the sun glisten off of the freshly fallen snow. Listening as the first few birds that have returned from migration chirp happily to one another. All of this was disrupted by the large Russian in the fur coat. At first, it was a faint howl. Then it became an endless holler, followed by the clobbering of giant footsteps in the snow. He called out to you as he passed, accidentally drenching you with the moist substance. He begged you to make the "little devil bird" stop. You thought as quickly as you could, shouting to him and asking what it's name was. He told you the name was Archimedes, and you had your plan. The next time he ran past you, you leapt of of the bench you previously sat on, catching the strangely bloody bird before landing in the cold, wet snow once again. You calmed Archimedes before a man with a long white coat and glasses rushed over and took his bird, curtly thanking you, and rushing off. The heavy Russian wondered how you were able to tranquilize the little devil bird, and noticed that he got you soaking wet and cold. He gave you his coat and promised to make it up to you.

Medic
Josef Ludwig

You met him in your office at the local hospital. You were a trained doctor, over five years of medical experience outside of schooling, and we're pretty successful. On one fateful day, Josef just happened to snap his arm in half; he was chasing Archimedes and fell down a mountain. He walked into your office completely relaxed, with a bored face as you stared in awe. You hurried to his side and checked his arm for any split veins or infections. You asked him how this happened, and all he said was "stupid bird" in his heavy German accent. You took a while to examine his injury before he snapped at you, asking why you were taking so long. You explained, confused that you wanted to cause him as little pain as possible. He then told you that he was a doctor and that examining an injury didn't not take so long. Heavily irritated, you crouched at him and told him to do it himself then, and responded with "I didn't want to because I lost my license" and then he snapped it back in place. You were pretty sure your jaw could have dropped to the floor. You, still amazed and highly perplexed, recommended that he should refrain from using his arm, and to come back in about two weeks. After that? You fainted.