Prologue

The word 'rebel' isn't just a word, or even a trait, it is an art. Yes, I know, many people think that rebels are just people that don't want to follow the rules, but it is much more. Being a rebel is much work.....such as spying, somewhat a ninja, and not trusting people. Even though being a rebel has its pro (getting to spy, know everything about anything, and the awesome weapons you get to use) there are also some cons. Which are you can't have friends, and when you are finished with training you must leave your family and go to a secret camp far away, you can't tell anyone where you have been, and you barely ever get to see your family and friends.

   And, yes, I am a rebel. Me and my family live on Equesion, the slightly poor..spies...and rebels. We are against the royals, they live in Eragon, 30 miles away. There, they are rich to the fullest, and spend their days inside playing with things...while we are spying. Most of us do spy, and some of us don't. It is confidential to tell what the royals are planning, only the spies know.

£-------------------------------------------------------------£

  My name is Rebecca Jade. I am a rebel, and a spy in training. My family live in Common, in the country of Equesion. I am being trained at the best school around, the one and only Spy Academy. I am 11, so in about 6 months I will have to go to Spy Camp. Where I will leave my family, and friends. And work my days as a spy, on the rebel side. My family dread the day me and Micheal will have to go. They say it is way for East, but no one knows.

  Micheal Jade is my twin brother. He is only 3 minutes older. Since only Eragon has hospitals and doctors, Mom didn't know she pregnant untill 3 months later. And she had us in her bedroom. Her sheets are still slightly stained...

Every once in a while, Eragon will ship us scraps of sheets and clothes. But since they don't want to cross country borders, families must walk there and carry back their new belongings. But even thought they are scraps, we must pay. Maybe sheets are $2. And a shirt $5.

No spies are allowed to keep journals, but Mother gave it to me.... Every child in Equesion is forced to go to school for 3 years then to spy school. My mother went, but when you finish, you have a choice. Here, you can either go to the camp and never come back, or either stay and never work. My mother stayed. When you get out of the school, they give you a certificate if you choose to go to camp. This certificate certifies that you are a citizen of Equesion, and if you are not you can't work or buy things. That's why when we get ships in, Dad and us must go because Mom can't.

I know I will choose camp, because then I get to spy!! I have always loves spying! And being a rebel. Oh, and you get out of camp after 7 years. Without co.tact to any outside world. No letters, visitation, or line calls. But I can take it if it means I can work and buy for myself when I get out. Mother would be so proud of me!!!

But of course, I will miss them... And they will miss me. I will miss waking up and having breakfast with them in the kitchen, and running around the town with Anne, my best friend. There, we will still be together, but no nonsense. We can't run around, and gossip about others....