Chapter One

Today I woke up around 5:00 A.M. School starts at six, and we are supposed to be there early. Well, thats what Ms.Johnson said to us last week when school started. I got up, and went to my closet. There, I pulled out my uniform. A tight silk-like shirt that went to your elbows, and black leggings. We are supposed to go there with our tennis shoes on, but I go with my black slip ons. Mother always complains that if I don't go with my tennis shoes, I will forget to put them on, then I will break my ankle.

And that CAN'T happen

I grabbed my white shoulder bag filled to the top with a towel, some deodorant, and a water bottle. We all have the same uniform... But the boys get to wear shorts that reach to their knees. We are very modest there. I put my hair in a top bun, hoping it will stay if I put a bun net over it.

After that, I run downstairs to find that Mom, Dad, and Micheal were already eating our usual breakfast: butter on dry toast. I grunted that they started without me... "Why so glum?" Micheal asked, smiling. "Y'all started eating without me!!!" I yelled, thinking the neighbors heard it. "Rebecca, don't raise your tone," Mother said calmly, with her back still turned to the dishes. I grunted again, and Micheal stuck his tongue out at me and laughing.

I looked at him with a disgusted face, and brought my hand up to slap him. As I did so, he caught me and grabbed my elbow, just how Sensei Ronald said to. I gave him a challenge look, and threw up my hand then brought it forward, pushing him into the luckily bare back wall. I then went up to him and shoved him down to the ground. I looked at him and saw that his eyes started to water a bit. But he didn't care, he just wanted to win..

As he jumped up again, he grabbed me and did a sweep on my, throwing me to the hard tile floor. With a deafeated look, I tapped my hand on the floor once..twice..and right when he thought I would a third time he stood up and reached out his hand to help me up. But I wasn't gonna let him win. Right before I tapped a thrid time, I grabbed his hand and pulled him down, flipping him, then pinning him down. He got a deafeated look. "If you get any ideas, I swear, I will arm lock you," I said in a hushed tone.

"Okay,okay," He tapped his hand three times, for real this time. I gave out a accomplished smile and got up. "Wow, you listen better than I do," he said. "Well duhh,and just for that reason." I smiled more. He always made me smile by just smiling.

On the way to school, I challenged Micheal to a fight in the field behing Mr. Jack's house. "Okay, but I will win," His snotty remark was no first time. I gave him a dirty look, and yelled "Race ya there!" And he wasn't ready. I took off down the dirt road to the small river that runs through. I was freaked out... "Micheal!!" I screamed and yelled. "What!!! Rebecca!! Where are you?" He yelled, terrified. "Look," I wispered. He followed my finger... And in that river drifted a body. Soggy, dirty, and almost completely...dead. "Hello?" I yelled. It moved a little, but didn't speak.