Prolougue/Disclaimer

(Disclaimer with importance: this story is written in the first person point of view of Jade, Trinity's daughter. Please read "Loving a Glitch" if you haven't already or nothing will make sense.)

I was seven years old and my father's name was Notch. He was the king of where I live, so I was a princess. I went on walks with my father every day in our yard and I had become friends with the people who lived in the cottage in the woods.

Though they tried to hide it, I could always tell that something was wrong during our visits. Their eyes shone with sadness. I still enjoyed those visits.

My father was very kind. He always helped his subjects but that took most of his time. He spent the rest with me, but I never felt it was enough.

We sat at dinner and he reminded me of my upcoming birthday, but now he seemed sad too.

After dinner, he took me to visit the cottage people. They looked happier than usual and gave me a birthday gift. I tore through the wrapping paper and opened the box. It was a little chicken spawn egg. I opened it and hugged my new pet.

Notch talked with the people in a low voice but I could make out a few  words from Notch. "Birthday....miss her...congratulations...I love her...yes...no...it'll be hard...no"

I tugged on his shirt and he turned around. "Daddy, it's getting dark. I don't want to see any creepers."

He picked me up and draped me over his shoulder and walked home. I fell asleep on his shoulder.