Confusion

I saw a door being shoved open and my mam running through, three of her. I could hear voices, but nothing was clear. I think I saw her phone  and my eyes started to flicker, she was waving her hands in front of me, I saw Dave running to Max  and then it all turned dark.

I woke with a panicked feeling. Where was I? It seemed like everything was white. My vision focused clearly and I saw it was a hospital. A bowl of cheerios and a glass of orange juice was placed on the cupbosrd beside my bed. I looked around and then decided to eat it. My mam came in minutes later. Of course she asked how I was, and then she started asking questions.

"What happened? " I answered with a lie. Of course she wouldn believe me. Who would?

Max!

Somehow that little scum entered my beautiful mind and my wonderful thoughts. We had to keep this a secret. For once in my life I actually wanted to see and talk to my brother who was probably from another family. A pig one.

I lied to my mam and told her I was tired, and just wanted to get to sleep. I found out I was grand, just I needed 2 stitches in my arm, Max on the other hand, needed six stitches in his forehead, had broken his leg, and somehow dislocated his shoulder.

It dawned on me that my life wasn't normal anymore, and when I realised it was gonna change big time, a cold shudder ran through me. I fell asleep with the thought stuck in my head

When I woke up It was time to go home. As I climbed into the car I gave an awkward glance to Max. He nodded. The car journey continued in silence. When we reached home I walked into a random room, and was followed by Max.

"What the fuck happened? " max said with fear in his voice.

"Dunno, " I answered back.

"Lauren, seriously. "

"I am being serious! " I snapped back.

Max looked hurt but I didn't care. Before I was thinking about maybe getting a boyfriend, now I was thinking about surviving.

"Just, just keep it a secret. "

"Like I was gonna tell them we got attacked by a dust that turned into a man, " Max muttered, before using his crutches to hobble along. I found a toilet and went, and as I came out my mother walked into the hallway. I froze,  I knew it was coming, and then she approached me.

"Lauren, what happened at the stairs?"

  I groaned inside and  answered quickly. "Somehow we both fell over, " I said, then groaned again inside at how stupid my excuse was.

"Really, cause Max said he fell, toppled onto you, then you must've staggered back and hit the vase. "

Damnit. That was a perfect excuse.

"Yeah, that's what I mean."

"Ok, " she said suspiciously. Me and Dave are gonna check out some couches at a nearby store, don't get up to anything. "

"I won't, " I said innocently.

"Ok, see you after. "

"Bye. "

I was terrified at the prospect of staying at our new house only with Max, but I went upstairs to unpack nevertheless. Max had got to the biggest bedroom, so I went to the one right beside it. I could hear him on his xbox. God, they never got off those things.

When I was finished unpacking, I went downstairs to get something to eat. I grabbed a few tuc crackers and started munching, then I went outside to have a look at the other houses.