Ilima x Moon: Captain Magic

Moon's POV

I watched as Ilima dismissed yet another unsuccessful trial-goer, standing by the trial gate in the trail guide's absence.

He had made up yet another silly excuse to not stand by the gate all day, as he had since I first offered to help, but I didn't mind.

Helping him out means that I got to see Ilima almost every day.

I straightened my blue cap with the trial symbol on it as Ilima turned around and shook his head, mouthing "No captain magic", as he always does to let me know that the trial-goer  didn't succeed.

This time, it was girl, a little younger than I. She walked up to me and sniffled.

Through her tears she asked "Was I cute and weak? Do you think he wanted to protect me?"

I actually felt bad for her. If she acted weak on purpose, to make Ilima want to protect her... She was really wrong.

I'd been working with him for a while and I knew what he liked. He liked strong girls and people who don't try to be someone else around him.

I placed my hands on her shoulders and looked at her.

"Ilima doesn't like weak girls. He likes strong ones. So, if it's him you're after, next time, really give it your all. You can be cute and be strong, after all." I advised.

"Y-you really mean it, Champ?" She asked, still sniffling.

I nodded. "Now go and train. Get stronger, then try again." I told her and she dried her tears, giving me an enthusiastic nod before running off.

I turned to look back at Ilima to see him heading towards me.

I blushed a little bit when he gave me a smile and touched my shoulder.

"Good job, Moon." He said, then leaned up against the gate.

I thought of something that could be interpreted as lewd, but thought I'd share it with him anyways.

I moved a bit closer to him, earning an indifferent look. Ilima was used to me letting my true self show around him, which was playful and weird.

I placed an arm on his shoulder and leaned against him.

"I think you should show me this 'captain magic' of yours sometime~." I said in a suggestive tone.

He seemed to tense, then suddenly turned away and hid his face.

I peeked around to see that his face was completely red. Seems he took my joke the right way.

"W-what the hell was that, Moon?! Geez, catching me off guard with a lewd joke... I guess that is like you." He whined.

Most of the time, I hated when people whined, but I let it slide with him, because he's cute when he whines.

I twirled a few strands of his light pink hair around my finger.

"Yep! Always waiting to catch you off guard. That's me~!" I quipped.

I looked at the sky and saw that the sun was setting.

"Let's head home. It's almost dark." I told him and he nodded.

"I'll walk you home, Moon. Thanks for helping today." He replied, grabbing my hand and tugging me along.

"Of course. I like helping, and giving advice to the trial-goers. Arceus knows they need all the help they can get." I answered jokingly

"Yeah. No offense to them, but some of them are just hot messes. They don't get along well with their Pokémon, or they don't understand type matchups and so on. It's just... crazy, since I've always been good with Pokémon." He said, seemingly thinking, and sitting down in the grass.