The Rumor

“You've never belonged here.” She said, her voice echoing in the cave.

“What do you mean?” I asked, quietly so that no one around can hear.

“You know exactly what I mean. Your not one of us.” She steps closer to me, making me back up.

I whimper. “But I am one of you.” I hear her growl as I look behind me. Seeing that I am going to soon be cornered, my eyes widen.

“NO YOUR NOT!” She yelled, her voice full of anger. My back hits the wall and I flinch when her fist hits the wall next to my head. Her face gets closer to mine. “You're a human, on the other hand we’re neko’s. Those cat ears…” She tugs of them. “...Are fake.” She tries to pull them off but they don’t budge. This causes me to scream out in pain.

“S-stop! Please! It hurts!” I feel the tugging stop and the feel her hand move away from my ears.

Her eyes widen in surprise. “T-their real? B-but I-I thought?”

I frowns and rub my ears. “No, their one hundred percent real.” I feel a tear fall down my cheek and then a hand wipes it away, her hand.

“I-I'm sorry. I heard someone say that you're not like us.” I look at her and see her frowning.

“It's okay. I forgive you.” I say softly.

"No, I-It's not okay. I-I hurt you." Tears fall down her cheeks, hitting the stone floor.

I wrap my arms around her, hugging her. We stayed in that position for awhile.

The next day, she talked to those who spreaded the false rumors and we quickly became friends.