4

Macy has been gone for quite a while but I don't really blame her, She hasn't seen her family in a few years so I decided not to text or ring her to check up on her, so I've spent most the day down at the pool soaking up the sun and watching tv in the hotel room. I roll over in my bed as my phone dinged from the bedside table where it was charging. I pick my phone up and unlock it before reading the message from Macy. 'Everybody is heading down to the school for the game, I'm coming to get you'  I nearly choked on my own spit as I realised that once Macy picks me up, we will be going to the school that James attends and I will be meeting him for the first time in two years, now I'm terrified and don't want to move from my spot. 

Two minuets later I force myself off the bed and over to my suitcase where I pull out some black skinny jeans, a grey football shirt that James had sent me a few months back. It had the number 4 on the back which was James' number and on the front was the school logo and mascot. It was a little big on me so I tuck the front in slightly and roll up the sleeves before slipping on a pair of vans. As soon as I stood back up the hotel door burst open and in walked Macy who had a massive grin on her face. "What's that smile for?" I question as I put my phone in my pocket. "You finally get to meet my little cousin, I'm so excited" I let out a little laugh before following her out of the hotel room and into the elevator that was right across from our room. 

"He's going to cry" Macy stated as we exited the elevator and headed to the car out the front of the hotel. "He's not going to cry" I say as I roll my eyes at Macy as I pull open the passenger side door and climb in while Macy climbed into the drivers seat since she knows where to go, well I hope so anyways. "The school is about five minuets away" I nod my head and stare out the window while I fiddle with my hands, I was terrified of meeting James for the first time, what if things don't go to plan. I was brought back from my daze as my phone dinged from my pocket so I pull it out to see a text from James. 

I take a deep breath as I open it 'I wish you were here baby, I'll make sure to get a touchdown for you'  A smile made it's way onto my face as I send him a reply back before looking up to see we had entered the school car park which was full of football fans and their cars. "Stop worrying" Macy reasurres me. "Are you sure?" I question, I was starting to think this was a bad idea, what if he's been lying this entire time. "Stop thinking too much, he doesn't stop talking about you" Macy chuckled, I gave her a weak smile and look out the window as Macy parks the car in the first available spot she found.

"Do you want to see him before or after the game?" I thought about it for a second before deciding on seeing him after the game. I didn't want to throw his game off. "Alright, i'll message my aunt and tell her we will meet her in the stands" I nod and open the car door and step out. I pull my phone out of my pocket and send James a quick text 'goodluck' I knew I probably wouldn't get a reply since he would be getting ready so I tuck my phone into my back pocket and walk over to Macy who was waiting for me.

"The locker rooms are just there so we need to be quick" I look to where Macy was pointing and she was correct, we were just down from the home teams locker room. "Let's go" Macy giggled as she grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the stairs leading up to the stadium. I laugh and run with her up the stairs. The stadium was packed but Macy seemed to know where she was going, she led me down some stairs to the lowest tier of the stadium, past some people until she stopped at two empty seats. "Macy you made it" oh this must be James' family. Oh shit. I wasn't ready for this.

"Hi aunty, this is-" Macy was cut short when her aunt jumped out of her seat and pulled me into a hug "Casey, i'm so excited that you're here, James doesn't stop talking about you" I smile and return the hug, it made me feel so much better knowing I was wanted here. "Let her breathe Aunty" Macy laughed, Lucy smiled and pulled back out of the hug. "You're so beautiful darling" I smile and thank her before saying hello to James' father Mike who gave me a big hug as well and claimed his boy was going to cry when he saw me.

Once our conversation had died down and we had all sat down I looked out into the field to see we weren't that far off the ground and the players bench was only a couple metes in front of us and to the lef, meaning I would see James before he sees me. Time seemed to slow down as we waited for the game to start but before I knew it the announcer started announcing the opposition team as they came out of the locker room followed by the home team. James' team.

"Number 4, James Whyte" My eyes lock onto number 4 as he ran onto the field behind some of his teammates. Damn his butt looks fine in those pants. Macy put her hand on my knee to stop my leg from shaking up and down and gave me a reasurring smile. Now I just need to get through this game before meeting my knight in sweaty football attire.