Chapter 2: Whispers

Luigi walked out into the garden where they saw Peach and Daisy having tea by a fountain. The brothers walked up to them Mario lifting peach's hand to give it a small kiss whereas Luigi gave Dasiy a simple wave, but Daisy pulls Luigi in for a tight hug and messed his hair up a bit. "What brings you both here", Peach asked. "Well apparently we have a late uncle and he left his estate with us", Mario said. "Daisy eyes glittered as much as Luigi's did, "Ooooo a Mansion, for you boys how exciting". "Yeah Toadsworth said it's not in any of our records but it's not uncommon for people to build houses where they be seen, so we're gonna investigate and see if we can get a good feel of the place", Luigi said. "sounds like a plan, please do be careful, I'd feel sad if you two got hurt", Peach said. Both Mario and Luigi had a small cup of tea before leaving the girls alone to enjoy the nice spring weather. "I wonder if we'll find Boos Luigi wouldn't that be fun", Mario chuckled. "B-Boos"? Luigi started to shake a bit from the idea, he hoped that there would be any.

Mario and Luigi walked for what seemed like hours until the finally found a small path leading to the direction of the Mansion. The path was dark and dank with dead trees becoming walls blocking light from getting in. Luigi had a bad feeling, but he didn't want his fear to ruin his brother's enthusiasm. He started to feel a bit tired since they both have been walking for hours and they were carrying things that would last them almost a month at most even though they're were staying for a week or two. They finally saw a clearing at the end of the tunnel of trees and Luigi's heart sank a bit. The mansion seemed enormous yet outdated and overall haunted. The sky was cloudy and dark while the dead tree's scattered around the property. The Mansion looked very dated built head to toe in wood and the moss growing on the outside of the wood gave the Wood and the trimmings around it a green eerie glow. All the windows looked a tad dirty, but looking at the scenery they had nothing to worry about. The 3 story mansion seemed to get bigger and bigger as the got closer. Luigi started to get very scared, his bones chattered, sweat pouring, and breathing heavy. He grabbed on the back of his brother's overalls. "I think we should go home". Mario saw the concern oh his brother's face and decided to just get him to relax a bit. "It's ok Luigi, the inside is probably better looking than the outside, no need to get so pressed". Mario walked to the door and slowly opened it. It let out a loud Creek as cold air flooded out the house. "brrrr it cold in here", Mario said walking in. Luigi stayed outdoors for a second before looking back. He gulped as he noticed a hundred no thousands or Crows staring at him. Luigi hurried up inside and closed the door shut. Once in the foyer, he first noticed a very big door that looked very accent. The inside of the mansion looked odd as well, Luigi felt like he was in a house made in the old days. "For our 'Uncle' to recently passing away, this house is very Dark and dusty, ah found it". Luigi heard a 'swoosh' echo through the mansion along with heavy creaking and banging. "What was that"? Mario walked back," I found the dial for the heat, that dinky old thing, the mansion should heat up in a bit". Mario picked up his bags looked around a bit more. "Let's go upstairs, I think the rooms are there".

They carry their luggage to the 2nd floor walking down the eerie corridor to look for a nice set bedroom to sleep in. They found a master bedroom along with a bedroom with two twin beds. "I haven't seen a bathroom at all nearby, let's look for one", Mario said. Before the moved to find the bathroom they decided what rooms to take. "Let's share the twin's room, if it's ok with you, you don't mind sharing a space with your brother", Mario giggled. Luigi nodded, he was relieved that he didn't have to sleep in a room by himself. He plopped his things on the nearby bed and sat on it. "They feel nice, hopefully, they're not filled this nasty pest". "They should be fine, c'mon let's find the bathroom I have to go". Mario dropped his things and started walking around the hallways. They walked back down to the first floor and walked through the big grand doors. It was a hallway the same as upstairs but it was a lot darker. Luigi was scared and ended up grabbing onto Mario's overalls as they walked down the halls. They found the laundry room, Dining room and Kitchen, a room with a pool table and projector, and finally the washroom and Bathroom. "Geez, why is this all the way in the back of the house". Mario walked in leaving Luigi alone. Luigi looked up and down the eerie dark corridors and walked around a bit until he was met with stairs leading down. He stared down into the darkness of the basement looking at all the cobwebs and spiders. ~Luigi~. He jumps from the sound of his name being called. It was coming from the basement. Luigi backed up slowly and yelped as he fell back on his bottom crawling back on the floor. He wanted to go home, he was too scared. "AAAAAAAHHH". Luigi's heart sank as he heard his brother scream in terror. Luigi jumped up and ran as fast as he could to the bathroom and began banging on the door like a deranged serial killer. The bathroom door opened slowly and Luigi was worried. Mario walked out drenched coughing wringing his hat out. "Luigi don't bang on the door like that, you gave me a heart attack", Mario said. "I'm sorry, I thought something really bad happened". "Really bad as the handle on the faucet popped off and sprayed water all over me". "I need to change", Mario sighed.