Two

"Mia? What year was Hamilton born?"

"1750?"

"Incorrect. Cole?"

"1757."

"Thank you." I looked over at Cole and smiled. I looked back down at my paper and started to draw a little bit until the bell rung. I grabbed my stuff and quickly walked out of the class, embarrassed of my answer.

"Did you really say 1750?" Lilly asked me and I slowly nodded opening my locker.

"Hamilton is the greatest Musical of all time! How could you say 1750?!" AJ said surprised.

"It's 1757."

"It's know that now! Thanks to Cole." I said putting my history book away and closing my locker. "I have Glee now. See you guys!" I say walking away from the girls and walking to Glee. I walk into the class and Mr. Burr looked over and smiled.

"Welcome, Mia." He said handing me a paper. I looked at it to see lyrics from a Hamilton song. The girls will love this. Cole walked in, greeted Mr. Burr and stood next to me.

"1750?"

"I wasn't paying attention." I said looking up from the paper to Cole.

"Cole, but you can call me Colby." He said.

"Mia." I said.

"I know how you are. You're the popular but not so popular girl."

"And you're the boy who almost everyone drools over." I said as other kids walked in. Glee was an election. Optinal. I chose Glee because I like singing and everyone thinks I'm good at it but I'm not. Cole or Colby is.

"Okay class. As you can see we are singing Helpless from the Hamilton play. We have 3 weeks before the assembly." Mr. Burr says causing me to raise my hand.

"We're performing this at the assembly?" I ask and he nods. I nod back and look at the paper. I really need to nail this.

"Mia." I look up. "You're the lead."

"Ohh, I do I do I do I Dooo! Hey!
Ohh, I do I do I do I Dooo! Boy, you got me
Helpless! Look into your eyes, and the sky's the limit I'm
helpless!
Down for the count, and I'm drownin' in ‘em." The others sang in sync.

"I have never been the type to try and grab the spotlight.
We were at a revel with some rebels on a hot night
laughin' at my sister as she's dazzling the room
then you walked in and my heart went
'Boom!'
Tryin' to catch your eye from the side of the ballroom
everybody's dancin' and the band's top volume.
Grind to the rhythm as we wine and dine.
Grab my sister, and whisper
'Yo, this one's mine.'" I sang.

"Oooh."

"My sister made her way across the room to you (Oooh)
and I got nervous, thinking
'What's she gonna do?'"

"Oooh"

"She grabs you by the arm, I'm thinkin'
'I'm through'"

"Oooh"

"Then you look back at me and suddenly I'm,"

"Helpless!
Look into your eyes, (Oh, look at those eyes, )
And the sky's the limit (Oh!)
I'm helpless, (I know)
Down for the count
And I'm drownin' in ‘em.
I'm helpless! (I'm so into you, )"

"Where are you taking me?" Colby says.

"I'm about to change your life." I reply.

"Then by all means, lead the way."

"Elizabeth Schuyler. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Schuyler?"

"My sister. Thank you for all your service"

"If it takes fighting a war for us to meet, it will
have been worth it."

"I'll leave you to it."

"You were good." Colby says as we walk out of Glee class.

"Thank you, you were too, next song I know you'll be the lead." I reply shrugging my shoulders.

"I'll talk to you later. Bye, Mia!" Colby says and walks off. I walk to my locker and unlock it. I grab my bag and wait for the girls. They walked up and I handed them my Glee paper and we started to walk out of the school.

"Who's the lead?" Lilly asks. I smile and look at them.

"You?" Alyssa asks causing me to nod.

"Yay!!!" AJ cheered as we walked through the parking lot to get to the side walk.

"Is this just for fun?"

"Nope, tomorrow we are starting to get our performance together then we will start to dance and sing at the same time then practice until we get it. But in three weeks we are performing at the assembly."

"Sounds cool."

"It is." I say as I kick a rock.

"Wait, isn't Cole in Glee?" AJ asks.

"Yep!" Lilly says.

"He usually has the lead." Alyssa says.

"Yeah, oh Tara said sorry that she isn't here, she has a date with Noah." I say and he nod.

"Anyways, did you talk to Cole?" Lilly asks causing me to blush a little.

"Not much, but yes." I said and they smiled.

"About time." AJ says.

"Hey! You haven't talked to my brother yet!" I say and that shuts her up.

"Damn, don't be fucking rude." Lilly says.

"It's the truth." I reply back. We laugh and continue to walk.