Chapter 4: Starting Over

My Sunday is going by too fast and luckily I'm making up for it with work. I wake up around 8:30 am and get ready for the day, brushing my teeth and all before heading downstairs.

I decided to look through the books that Stefan has lying around and to my advantage some of them are interesting and is sticking with me better than I'd hoped it would. I can amazingly read a whole entire book in about thirty minutes. Remembering what I read as well is a big bonus and when school does indeed start I will be prepared with whatever is thrown at me. Knowing that I can manage to take in so much knowledge at once might just make this attempt to learn something useful . I read some of his science fiction he has lying around and before I know it it's lunch time and 1:30 already.

Stefan makes us both turkey sandwiches with some fruit and I suggest we go somewhere with more books so I'm better prepared for tomorrow. He grabs his car keys and I grab my sandals he bought for me.

We make it to a town area and it happens to be nice out today despite the rain from yesterday. We make it to the library and Stefan hands me a cellphone before parking the car.

"Wow is this for me?", this is exciting. I like this feeling.

"Yea it's all yours. My number is already programmed in it . You start school and you need a way to reach me and I need a way to contact you. If you need anything give me a call or a text."

"Wow thank you so much. Well I'm going to head to the library now. I'll call you when in finished here. "I manage to say with a wink. He tells me he is going to roam around some stores for some things tomorrow.  I make my way to the small building and upon entering I notice there's not much people in here. I head over to the front desk and ask for directions for a lot of books with a lot of information and pictures. We find our way and I thank the sweet lady as I pull a few books out and pick a spot of the floor.

There's so much I'm learning and I'm seeing now that some thoughts I manage to finish myself as I read along. I don't know if that's my memory filling in the blanks for my fast thinking mind knowing what's next. I don't finish all the books as all I'm doing is briefly getting a feel of all the subjects around me from American history to national geographic. An hour or so passes by before my phone buzzes in my pocket.

Stefan : Hey how's everything? Fine anything interesting ?

Me: Oh definitely! These books are amazing! Did you know a giraffes tongue is 18 inches long?

Stefan: Seems like someone is having fun. And he's I think I had an idea.

"Library closes in 15 minutes. Please make all necessary check outs and log out before exciting. Thank you"

Me: Well hey, I'm getting ready to come on out. Library is closing. This was fun. See you soon.

I finish my text and place my books back where I got them. We reach the house and I'm mentally exhausted as I caught myself reading all the way back home every sign I saw and asking questions about each one I could before seeing another , interrupting my prior thought. We get inside and Stefan makes me a quick meal before I return back upstairs to my sanctuary of a room.

I notice a backpack and some more supplies on the bed before removing them along with a laptop and I'm surprised yet again by his sweet gesture. It has a beautiful silver shine to it. I place it on my night stand move the new messenger back to the dresser I  have. I get out some clothes for tomorrow and sit it aside. I'm nervous just thinking about it.

I really hope I don't forget anything. Stefan tells me it's the beginning of the year so that's better than me joining in at a half year mark. I like this better. Everything will be new and I could start fresh. I don't want to mess up. I really hope I do well. I wonder though....deep down if I'll see him.