A Frog

A talking frog. A talking frog. The girl couldn't wrap her head around it. What kind of frog could talk? Is it cursed in some way? Or magical? Could it grant the girl her wish? The girl's mind was racing from the discovery of the talking frog. When she finally got rid of the shock, she asked for the frog's name and how it's able to talk.

The frog introduced himself as 'Al-Prinz' and that he's a prince that had been cursed to be a frog by a wicked sorcerer. He's seen the girl come to the pond for the past year now and always wanted to talk to her, but couldn't. However, when she started to pound her fist against the still water of the pond, he wanted her to stop and finally have a chat with her. The frog had a bit of a strange accent that the girl figured to be foreign, adding more to the impression that he was once a prince.

She spoke to the frog of her woes, although he could already get an idea of what they were, and looked at the girl as she spoke. Once she was done, the frog stayed silent, continuing to stare that the girl. Suddenly, the girl heard her grandmother calling her. The girl was still wasn't over from the recent fight from her grandparents, so she threw herself into the pond (which was luckily deep enough to hold her) where only her eyes shown. Al-Prinz looked to where the old woman's voice was coming from and back to the girl hiding in the pond.

"So you want to be free, yes?" the frog spoke again. It was still weird to the girl to see a frog speaking, so it took a couple of seconds before the girl realized what he said. She tried to speak, but bubbles came out, since she was still in the pond. Instead, she nodded her head.

"If I were a human once again, I can make that a reality," Al-Prinz said. The grandmother's voice was closer and the girl hid her head slightly deeper. The grandmother was at the pond area and what she saw was a large rock in the pond and a frog near the pond. The old women left after eyeing the frog and the girl came up from the water.

"Was it really necessary to hide?" the frog said, eyeing the girl strangely.

The girl gave a frustrated yes and slowly got out to hid in the tall stalks and wait to dry. Al-Prinz then asked the strangest question the girl had ever heard:

"Would you kiss me?"

The girl looked at the frog weirdly and tried to quiet her constant laughing. There wasn't a reason behind how the girl found the question funny. The frog said he was a prince, and any girl would want to kiss a prince; but a frog? A frog asking a girl to kiss her?

Al-Prinz didn't look angry or saddened; his beady, small frog eyes continued to look at her. After a while the girl stopped laughing she suddenly got up and went back to the barn. Why? Because she didn't want to confront the frog on what had just happened, and rather go back to her grandparents.

The frog called back after her, but in the end hopped back into the pond with the non-talkative frogs and fish.