NOTHING

Bruce Banner groaned as another needle entered  his veins. This was the last one; the last bit of stable gamma radiation he had left. Tears welled in his eyes as he thought about it; his last chance. If he didn't get this done, then he'd have no chance to get to the form he wanted.

Tears slid down Bruce's cheeks as he felt a bit of tingling in his arm. He waited a minute. Then two. Then nothing. There was nothing. No epic transformation, no green growth. Only Banner. He sobbed out as he fell to the ground, his hands laced into his hair, pulling ferociously enough to the point where hair had been ripped out of his skull.

He stayed in his lab for weeks. He survived on crackers and water coming straight from the tap. He truly was miserable. All of his hard work down the drain, 18 months of pure solitude that made him think he was going insane.

In the time that Bruce had gone, his hair had grown down to his shoulders. He hadn't shaved in at least a month. Personal hygiene was almost a foreign concept to him.

But the thing that got him the most was the fact that he had nowhere to go. He lived in the gamma lab. He'd have to leave. But where to? He had no idea where Tony or Nat was. Clint was on house arrest somewhere. And Thor.. Bruce had left Thor 18 months ago. To pursue his dream. All for nothing.

He only cried harder.