Chapter 12

After leaving Simon's room, I make my way downstairs. Once I get to the bottom I look around and match with a pair of deep blue eyes, almost like the ocean. I watch him look me up and down as he gets close, smirking. I'm glued to the floor, unable to move no matter how badly I wanted to. My heart was racing. Oh how badly I wanted to kiss him right now.

"Don't you look beautiful, even with the boot." He's close enough that I can smell him, gosh he's intoxicating. If I don't get out of here quickly I could easily fall in that dark hole again.

"Thanks." I smile, flip my hair and walk away. Not listening to him calling my name.

I walk outside hoping to find Jade. I walk around a bit, then I find her sitting on a swing hanging from a tree. I walk closer, her pale skin glowing under the moonlight, her hair pulled from her face and her head hung low.

I ungracefully sit in front of her.

Silence.

"So umm, do you um wanna talk about it?" I stutter out after a while, she finally looks up at me after a few beats. She still says nothing. She really is gorgeous, but I don't like her like that.

"Sorry for ruining your night" her eyes water. I lean forward and grab her hand.

"Don't be sorry, you didn't ruin anything." I squeeze her hand. She smiles lightly at me.

"Are you sure my feelings and actions didn't ruin our friendship?" Sniffles come from her.

"No of course not. I love you, but not the way you want. I'm sorry, you deserve someone that'll love you as much as you love them" I smile.

"Do you care that I like girls?" I scoff.

"Don't be stupid, I don't care who you like. I love you unconditionally. You're practically my sister and I accept you for who you are." A tear slides down my cheek.

"Fuck, how'd I get so lucky with such a good friend?"

"I don't know," I shrug, "but I am pretty amazing aren't I."

We laugh and she drops to the floor so we hug. It's the longest, most comforting hug ever. The hug feels like it last forever, but it doesn't, but I don't want it to end.

"I'm really sorry, I drank and I was meant to drive you home" she looks guilty.

"But lucky for you two special ladies, I didn't drink and I'd happily drive you both home" I turn to match the voice with the guy and boy do I wish it was Simon and not him.

"What do you want Harrison?" Jade sneers.

"To make it up to both of you and this is just part of it." I look to Jade.

"The last thing I want to do is get a lift with him, but it seems like our only option." I hear him whisper 'I'm right here', but I completely ignore him yet again. I await Jade's answer. She sighs loudly.

"If we must" she gets up and helps me to stand. I dust off my butt, making sure there's no dirt or grass stuck on it.

"Don't worry, your butt is still as gorgeous as I remember"

"You're as much of an asshole as I remember" Jade defends me and I giggle at her remark. If he really wants to make it up to me, he wouldn't be commenting on my bottom.

We follow him through the house and the partying. I catch Simon's eye, give him a thumbs up and a short wave as we continue to the front door. He smiles and nods to me and continues to talk to his mates.

Once out of the house, there's a breeze that feels heavenly. Jade and I follow Harrison to his car silently. I take one for the team and sit in the front. The sit feels ever so familiar. The smell that envelopes me, reminds me of what one was comfort.

The drive is short, we pull up to Jade's house, she pats me on the shoulder, opens her door and gets out.

"Thanks I guess asshole" her head pops in momentarily before its gone again. I watch her walk up to her front door, then inside.

"I guess I deserved that." Harrison mumbles to himself. I let myself settle into the comfy leather. I take a deep breath.

"You're honestly so gorgeous and I regret that I took you for granted" I close my eyes, imagining us being together again, it felt nice.

I feel his hand slide into mine. My eyes don't open. I let him hold my hand, it's comforting. Then I remember what he's done. My eyes snap open and my hand slips out of his.

"You did some terrible shit. You've literally shattered by heart" I look out the window, ignoring his sorrowful look. I feel a tear slip out of my eye. Why the hell do I love him so much? I wish I didn't. I wish I didn't feel this way for him.

I wipe the tear away, trying my best to stop the others, but I make the mistake of looking at him. His eyes are glossed over. I've never seen him cry, it makes my heart tighten. More tears fall down my cheeks.

For the time being I forget everything he has done and grab his hand. He looks over to me smiling softly.

Hu pulls up in front of my house and leans forward, almost asking for permission. I can't help myself, especially not with him. I lean forward closing the gap and wrap my arms around him. we stay embraced for what feels like forever.

It's a comforting embrace that warms my heart and makes me feel at peace. His hand finds its way into my hair and plays with a strand. It makes me melt slightly.

Shit I love him so much.

I pull back after a while, my hand still rests on his shoulder. I'm so caught up in the moment, that when he leans back in, I let him. Our lips lock. Its slow and passionate. We both come back for air. We lean our foreheads against one another, our breath mixing.

"I really love you," he whispers out, "I'm so sorry."

Those last three words are what slap me back into reality. I jerk back.

"No, you don't deserve to say that, not after everything." I can't believe I just kissed him, I got so caught up in the moment... I just missed him so much.

"April, please don't be like this, I want to make it up to you. I miss you so much." He pleads trying to grab my hand. I pull away opening the door and half stepping out.

"I miss you too." I whisper out. I completely leave his car and close the door. I speed walk up to my front door and into the house. Once my front door is closed, I slide down to the floor. Now I let the tears fall. My sobs fill the silent dark house.