Lucid Dreams.

I've always defined my thoughts as strange, unique, one of a kind.
I've always been known to have a freakishly accurate memory.
And those two elements combined create an unclear future.
When I'm awake, I tend to over-fantasise. Memory after memory, is life too good to be true?
The epitome of paradise lies within the collection of what we romanticise.
Not in my case.
As a self-proclaimed pessimist, I somehow find a way to turn the best of events into living disasters.
When I'm awake. When I'm conscious. This is what I am capable of. But what if we remain awake while we dream?
A few nights ago, I could feel my emotions prevailing internally.
I could feel the waves of shock vibrating through my body when things took a turn for the worse.
I could feel the authenticity of my happiness when my wishes aligned with reality. "Said" reality.
This does not happen often. My memories are isolated from my dreams.
I was determined to know why.
Not even the endless solutions of the web could solve the confusion I faced.
The dream involved people I knew, perhaps a sign of my own insecurities.
Ironically, technology, which supposedly drove me to more bewilderment, was shown to be prominent.
From letters used in the 1800s, to the uncomplicated nature of texting.
After much analysis, I wondered: does this indicate the disconnection in our society?
Sometimes, dreams don't mean anything. The most far-fetched, unrealistic ideas could simply be irrelevant.
Yet the rarity of memories connecting impossible scenarios only leads me to inquire about reality.
Why can we recall 1000 song lyrics, while we fail to remember what happened yesterday?
What significance will these memories have on us when we're empty-nesters, dwelling on the past?
It's strange how the people we care about the most could turn into complete strangers.
Forever awake to witness these actions becoming reality.
Lucid Dreams.