1

(Mateo above 😍😍)

I walked through the halls of high school with my best friend by my side.

"So, Celeste, what are we going to be doing today?"

"Bitch I don't know. I just want to go to sleep."

"Let me guess you were up all night texting that fuckboy?"

"He's not a fuckboy, he's just had experience."

"That's a lot of damn exp-" I bumped into the wall mid-sentence.

"Damn, watch where you're going." I heard a deep voice mutter.

"You're the one who bumped into me asshole." For a few seconds we stared into each other eyes with a hateful glare. He was Mateo Sánchez, future gang leader of his father growing gang.

I was Jasmine Michealson, princess of mafia, daughter of Tatianna and Theodore Michealson.

"I'll see you around Jasmine." I scoffed.

"As if Sánchez." I rolled my eyes. Years ago we were best friends, he started spreading a nasty rumor about things we did and then left out of the blue.

"Woah, that was a lot of hostility back there." I shrugged. "You guys were inseparable."

"Things change, life goes on you know." I took a deep breath to release the hatred built up and let it out.
It was time for first period.

~*~
It was finally the end of second period and time for lunch. Celeste didn't have lunch with me so I usually sat alone. With that being said I usually had a lot of fun alone. Until my plans were interrupted.

"Hello Flower." I scowled.

"You don't get to call me that anymore. That access was taken in middle school."

"Calm down. I had my reasons okay." There was a silence.

"I'm waiting on this poor excuse." I said with an eyebrow raised. He leaned towards me looking to see if anyone was watching us.

"I did it to claim you." I scoffed.

"You know who my father is, I didn't need any claiming."

"The problem is that they don't know who your father is." He whispered. My eyes passed by his plump lips and I instantly felt anger pent up inside me.

"Yeah, whatever. Who were they anyways? Why did it take you so long to tell me this?" I asked opening a bag of chips.

"It was Esperanza, I knew you would get angry regardless." I rolled my eyes.

"You're right, that's why you should've told me sooner."

"Jasmine, I'm sorry." I looked into his eyes and saw a slight amount of guilt. I shrugged, I packed up my things and left.

Two years too late.

~*~

After lunch I decided to go home. I didn't feel like staying at school. Celeste said she would get my work from my last period. When I arrived to my house I opened the door and screamed.

"Why are you screaming?" My mom asked. She was in a bad mood too.

"Because, I hate boys." I responded.

"Me too, what happened today?"

"There was this guy. You remember Mateo Sánchez We were best friends in kindergarten but then he moved away for the beginning of high school and came back last year?" I asked she nodded. "Well the bitch bumped into me and I called him an asshole, then at lunch he decided he wanted to apologize about that life changing rumor he put out years ago."

"Aw. That's cute." She claimed I shook my head.

"What's cute?" My dad asked coming down with uncle Axel.

"Jasmine has a confrontation with Mateo today. They actually bumped into each other. I could see them together."

"Yuck." Me and my father said at the same time. He gave me a high five.

"Guys suck sweetheart. Remember that." He told me. I nodded.

"Yeah says the king of them all." My mom muttered.

"What did you say Tatianna? I don't think we need a repeat of what happened last night." I pretended to throw up.

"Y'all are nasty. I'm gonna take a nap, don't make too much noise." It was already too late they were making out all over the kitchen counter.
I swear they were worse than teenagers.
But I adored them, I wish I had something like that.

I went to my room and suddenly, due to the loneliness I decided to get started on my homework because at this point I didn't know what to with my life anymore.

After completing my loads of physics problems I decided to go training.
Training was an important part of my life.
I expressed my anger there and it kept me looking good. I tied up my hair and changed into some yoga pants and a sports bra, I decided to go with a light three mile run.
This time I was gonna go to through the hills to build some endurance.

As I was running I had the feeling that someone was watching. I trusted my gut but I knew I could protect myself so I kept running even faster than before so I could return the the training center.
Once I got to the training center, which was empty I did some combos in the punching bag.
I lifted some weights and did some squats to keep my booty poppin.

As soon as I entered the from door I was on alert. Something was wrong and I knew it.
I walked into the kitchen where I saw my mafia family huddled around a map.

"What happened?" I asked.

"There were Russians on the territory, near the hills." My blood ran cold. They could've killed me. But they didn't, why? "Jasmine. You're not telling me something." Dad said. I chewed on my lip.

"I just came from the hills, someone was watching me. Why didn't they kill me Dad?" I asked worried. If they didn't kill me that meant they wanted me. Usually when the Russians invade a territory they kill everyone as soon as they invade, no mercy. Unless you were a target.
He gritted his teeth.
My mom escorted me to my room.

"Is everything okay Mommy?" I asked. She didn't answer as tears built in her eyes.