Chapter 16: The Beach Pt: 1

The thing that baffled me the most about the school year beginning in August was that it was still so hot a couple months into school. Personally, I never really liked the beach, too much sand and the pressure to actually have fun while you're there just seems overwhelming.
Yet, here I was, Saturday morning at 10 A.M. trying to clip my hair out of my face for when the inevitably hot wind got heavy.
When we were young, Jay and I thought we were invincible against the waves. The way they crashed into our small bodies was like dynamite going off, it pushed us as the thick water harshly scraped us under and further away from the shore. That was the only time in my life that I found happiness in the worst.

I decided to wear my favorite swimsuit, it was a little risky, but this is part of me being exactly who I want! I'm not too sure where this newfound attitude came from,
Maybe it has something to do with a boy named-

Stop that! If anything at all, it is my friends' behaviors rubbing off on me!

Sure took long enough!

Hey!

Anyway, I really have no idea why I'm so brave all of a sudden.
I'm still unsure as to how people get beach waves naturally, so I always end up curling my hair before the beach and never getting in, but not today. Today I will have as much fun as I possibly can, maybe I've earned it.

"Why are you staring at yourself in the mirror? You know, being Vain is one of the biggest sins, but if we're already sinning..."
Mason enters my room without knocking, I don't have to look at him to know that his lips have formed a smirk and his eyes are piercing into the side of my head. He begins to grin once he realizes that he has scared me into banging my knee into the chair in front of my desk.

Grimacing from the pain I decide to finally speak up, "Something you needed Mason? Or did you just want to torture me a little bit before you decide to just drown me today?" Maybe I was in a bit of a mood this morning, but I had no clue I would go straight in for the bite.

"You really need to get fucked or something," He seems to rethink this statement after his eyes noticeably widen, "I mean, no you don't! That's the opposite of what you should do, matter of fact I won't let you out of my sight today!" Is he high right now? Crack really is not a good look on him.

Before I can speak again and ask him if he needs help getting away from the drugs, he grabs my arm and pulls me behind him down the stairs and through the door.

"Whose van is this?" I stare at the large van that was unusually placed in front of my house.

"Are you stupid? It's clearly in front of our house, dumbass. We rented it for the beach, now get in before we leave you behind!" He chuckles when I give him my best evil face, which in my defense is more sneezy than scary. I pick through my bag and throw a bottle of cherry Chapstick at him, but I realize it's my favorite Chapstick, so I just look even more stupid.

"Where are the girls?" I throw out to hopefully deter the looks of amusement.

"Right here! C'mon! What are you waiting for Ad?" Jamie yells from the entrance of the bus. At the sight of her face I immediately smile and giggle making a run for the doors.

"Let's go boys!" My mood has changed fast once I realize the girls are here. Mason and Jay give each other a look of confusion over my mood, I guess I just love my friends.

Their confusion doesn't stop them from following me onto the bus.
—————————————
The bus ride consisted of Mason picking on me, oh I "Was such a goody two shoes for wearing a baby pink swimsuit that was also a one piece." I didn't refute anything he was saying; he will just have to wait and see.
My favorite sight was Ivy whispering into Jays ear while he drove this death trap. Everyone seemed to be busy, even Jamie was playing Uno with Spencer and Tatum, she hates games, but I guess she must be bored.