01

8.51 p.m

papers, files and such cramped his workplace, making his head even messier. all of the work he needs to send in by this weekend has just made his daily migraine even worse. jaemin cursed darkly under his breath and began to do more tasks.

the slight noise distracted him back to reality with no words formed flying around. his cold eyes scanned the room and was met by innocent baby eyes. jaemin smiled knowing fully well who it was.

"jaemin-hyung, are you not going back yet," chenle asked, head lolling to the side adorably. jaemin doesn't even know how or when but he and chenle expectantly became best friends. he gave his baby dolphin a soft but sad smile.

"not now but i promise i'll go back home". jaemin then thought of who will send chenle home since he usually sends him almost everyday. he was worried and didn't like when chenle used public transport when jaemin was just really busy. "what about you? who's going to send you home??"

jaemin was already this close in considering to ask one of chenle's teammates. might it be their leader who goes back home a bit late or even that jeno guy that jaemin himself finds quite hot - he quickly shook his head and focus to the matter in hand that he didn't know already had a solution.

"it's ok hyung. since you're working late, i can go back with jisung". thinking of the said boy already made his cheeks heat up and jaemin to raise a brow. "w-what? he personally asked me if i would like to go back with him!" chenle pouted cutely making jamein coo softly.

"i didn't say anything tho". jaemin smirked and raised both his brows at the cute dolphin in front of him. the younger turned beat red. ohh how he loved to tease chenle as much as the boy teased him with someone. "but i swear, if he dares to hurt you in any way, i will personally kill him for you".

chenle laughed wearily at that knowing the older was serious. he knew of course. it wasn't hard to figure out if you've been with said person for quite a long time. but chenle didn't stop him cuz he knew that what jaemin did was somewhat good in a bad way. and for that, jaemin is glad for a friend like the younger.

"hmm i have to go now hyung. jisung is waiting for me outside". jaemin smiled teasingly before bidding a bye to the younger."use protection!" "goodbye to you too hyung". the older waved back to chenle before he went out and go home.

jaemin then groaned and bang his head down the desk. a loud thump could be heard in the quiet entrance, making someone flinch from behind the counter. jaemin continued with his work, fuming every once in a while, not noticing the guy standing behind him.

"boo". jaemin screeched and jump from his sit and turned around just to find a laughing Samoyed lookalike.

" LEE JENO URGHH!!" the said person was on the floor clutching his stomach from laughing so much. jaemin glared daggers at him before looking back to his work.

jeno wiped a few imaginary tears before getting up. he looked over to the angry bear doing his work. he's known as bear for his big warm form and soft fluffy locks.

"you not going home yet?" the younger sighed and replied. "there's just so much paperwork and it's all due this weekend. *sigh* i might go home really late so yea". jeno pitied the secretary. yes, jaemin is the secretary for Gangnam Police Station. he does the ususal work but sometimes the other officers will drop off their cases paperwork to ask jaemin to finish or "do" for them.

"hmm hey" "yea..?"jaemin looked at jeno with his honey-like eyes making jeno slightly melt. " have you had dinner yet?" the younger furrowed his brows, thinking. "uhhh no. last time i checked, i only drank coffee this morning"

jaemin's stomach rumbled hungrily. whoops...

jeno could only shake his head and sighed. the younger definitely can't take care of himself without forgetting something important like even eating. it's a good thing jeno asked rather than stay awkward with him.

" come on then, my treat"

9.34 p.m

even after a lot of protests, the two officers went to a little convenience store near the station. the air was colder during nighttime and jaemin is now regretting not bringing a coat. thank goodness they reached the place and the first thing he felt was the heater blasting on him.

they both ordered ramen and some condiments like fried squid and fishball. they also bought some hot chocolate along with it. according to them, it was a full course meal for cheap stakes.

both jeno and jaemin ate together in silence, just enjoying the other's company. the air tingled with coldness of the outside from the opening and closing of the door from other customers. jaemin felt such at ease, the same feeling like after he committed something.

they finished up in half an hour and just talked over their hot chocolate. " and that's how i met renjun the sly shortie" jeno chuckled after telling how seriously annoying but cute renjun was when they first met. jaemin had to laugh as well since he couldn't imagine the serious, quite mature leader being such an adorable kid.

they talked and laughed a lot that night. both didn't want to leave but the time said otherwise. " oh cheese nibblets, it's already late. we should get going" jeno nodded to the younger as agreement. " yea we should. i can walk you home if you want..?" jeno suggested.

but jaemin has to turn down the offer after everything that jeno did for today. " thanks but nahh. you did a lot for me already so it's fine". jeno was still stubborn on walking jaemin home until the younger reminded him that his older brother, taeyong, might worry bout his whereabouts. " tae's gonna scream at me later on where you're at so it's cool"

jeno huffed but still agreed to it. he's a bit cranky since he's quite full and now sleepy. but still, it feels as if jaemin doesn't want him to know where he leaves. jeno shrugged the thought off and began saying his goodbyes to the young bear.

" bye bye young bear" jaemin giggled before replying. " bye to you too nojam" jeno smiled until his eyes turned into crescent moons. the younger had to hold onto a poll to stop himself from swooning.

jeno head off to a busy street where a lot of people were on. he looked back and waved before continuing his journey. jaemin smiled and waved back before heading down a dark alleyway.

" i swear that guy makes me feel so many things" jaemin mumbled softly before making a sharp turn to the left. he had another job to do and it wasn't related to reports or any paper necessary.

he had such a bloody work to do.

jaemin smiled sinisterly just thinking about it.

a/n: welp hope you liked this. took me a while but i could update a bit due to holidays but we'll see