2. The Cheerleader

I wrote this story back in 2016.
Hope you like it :)
.......

The Cheerleader sat with her squad in their favourite diner, Stuart's. Despite people's opinions about them at school, she loved each and every person who surrounded her. Yes, most of those whispers and rumours were true, she couldn't deny it.
However, being hated is the price you have to pay for being honest with the world, she thought.

It had been a great day. It was the last day of school before Christmas and there were barely any classes taken. The students spent the day completing their 'Wishlist of 2016'.

Wishlist was something like a school tradition. The students made one at the beginning of each year and made sure to complete it by the end of that year. For the students of Newtown High, the year was considered incomplete if every single thing in that Wishlist wasn't ticked off.

The Cheerleader and her friends sat comfortably at their seat in the cafe as they waited for Parker to give them a signal. They were going to complete their final 'quest'.

After watching Victor, her boyfriend, chug down two milkshakes and a burger, Parker came in with a satisfied grin plastered on his face.
I guess he found the perfect spot, the Cheerleader mused.

Parker led the bunch of high school students, dressed in varsity jackets and cheerleading uniforms, two blocks away into the backyard of an unknown family. The place was decorated in a full 'Winter Wonderland' theme, with a large Christmas trees that graced the centre and a mistletoe hanging on the backdoor.

They sneaked in one by one and took their positions. Victor, however, had made last minute changes to the plan that she was not aware of. He pulled her under the mistletoe and gave her a cheeky smile.

She knew it. She knew what was going to happen now.

"Alright, folks!", Parker shouted. "Here we go! 3....2....1!"

As 'Winter Wonderland' began playing in the background, Victor pulled her close and pressed his lips against hers.

She felt her world stop. People froze in their positions while perfect music embroidered the environment. All she could sense was the warm feeling of his lips on hers. No movement around her, just a soft winter breeze brushing her skin.

"....and that's a wrap!", exclaimed Peter.

There were woots and shouts from everyone. The Cheerleader felt a wave of contentment come over her. It had been a good year and that day she checked off three things-
her first kiss
• 2016
• The Mannequin Challenge