New Diary

ENTRY 1: July 5th

Hello new diary. These things always seem awkward and corny while writing them down but my therapist says it will help.
My name is F/n Lee. Today is my birthday, I'm 18 years old and I just graduated high school about a week ago. I know I'm older than most that graduate but I had a late start.
I moved to America when I was 10 years old. I was born in Korea and lived with my parents until I was 8 years old... they were murdered while I was at my friend Malia's house one night.
I didn't have any other family so I was put into the adoption system. Luckily, Malia's family fostered me until I could be permanently adopted. I was in the system for 2 years until a young couple from America started looking to adopt from other countries.
They came to meet me 1 week before 10th birthday. I guess it was love at first sight because we clicked and felt like a real family the moment we met. That day, they decided to adopt me. I was put on a plane to start my new life 5 days later. I was to land just in time for my 10th birthday.
Ever since then, I've lived happily ever after with my mom Alexis Lee and my father Charles Lee in Chicago, IL.
Growing up in America at such a late stage in my life wasnt easy. I had to not only learn the English language but I also had to understand the ever- changing culture. It took me a couple years to be completely fluent and know enough to be like a "regular" American.
I started highschool when I was 15. I was the first freshman to get my license so that made me kinda popular.
I played soccer every year and would sing at the talent shows we would have.
I'm well known at my school but that doesn't mean I'm popular, actually I only have a few friends and that is perfectly fine with me!
My best friends are Rose Andrews (18), Erin Lovel (17), and Kim Taehyung (17) and we are the cutest little crew. We have plans to go to the bar for mine and Tae's birthday tonight, we all got fake ID's last week! Tae's bday is 4 days after mine so this works perfectly.
Sorry for cramming this all in here but my mom just gave me you and I have to start getting ready. Well anyways, talk to ya later?

F/n Lee

Ew so cringy.