ch. 2

{jack's pov}

my daughter turns 13 today. the big 1-3. jeeperz nuts. i can't believe this. i have a little surprise for her, that i am ready to give her, but i don't know when.

i head up to her room, and get gabbie so that we can go say happy birthday to her. "happy birthday!" i say, and soon than later, gabbie dragged me out the door.

i then began to make lavender chocolate chip waffles, her favorite breakfast. i turn off the stove, and grab my phone.

New Message: in group "Why Don't We"

Corbyn says: we are still on for today right?

i open my phone, and type in "yes" then press send. i sit down at the table, and wait for my two beautiful babies to arrive.

first, gabbie walks in. i show her the gift that we got for lavender, a locket. one one side it says "no matter where, no matter how." and on the other side, it has a picture from when she was born. we found it so cute.

lavender walks down the stairs, more beautiful than ever, with big lucious curls, and vibrant shorts. she looks at the boxes of presents for her, and smiles. she begs to open them, and we say yes.

the first box she decided to open had a new phone in it, the iPhone XR in yellow. then she opened a box with a pair of birkenstock's in it. she also got a pair of vans, and some dresses and shorts.

i look at gabbie, and gabbie looks at me. "lav, we have one more present for you." she looks at the pile of presents, and says, "you really shouldn't have!" we hand her the box, and she sees the locket, and instantly puts it on.

we also decided to surprise her with one more gift. we handed her an envelope. it held two plane tickets, one to florida, to go to disney world, and one to hawaii, her favorite place to go. she was in awe.

we told her that we would be leaving the next day, so to pack her bags! she got so excited!