ch. 3

{your pov}

you begin to blink as the sunshine comes into your room through the window. "y/n! breakfast!" you hear your dad scream, "come on! you know we have lavender's birthday party today! hurry up!"

you totally forgot about her party. you run downstairs, and eat as fast as you possibly can, then speed back upstairs and hop in the shower. once you get out, you throw some makeup on, and decide to let your hair dry. you put on a pair of white ripped jean shorts, with a tank top and some checkered vans.

you walk downstairs, and your dad is sitting at the table. he made pancakes for breakfast with a side of watermelon and apple juice to drink. you laugh because you have heard all the stories about watermelon and apple juice.

for lavender's birthday, you got her a bracelet that has hand cuffs on it, signalizing partners in crime, and you are wearing the other one. you look at it, and smile.

you look at your dads bleached hair, and then look over at the picture of him and mr. avery from when the were in hawaii touring.

you chuckle, as you think about the unbelievable lyric video. "hey dad, who gave you the idea to run across a desert full naked for a lyric video?" you ask, "well..." he replies. you run back upstairs to grab your phone, and then go get into the car with your dad.

you look out the window, at the shimmering sun, and at all the beautiful flowers in the field. you look at your lap, and see the box lavender's gift in it. you open it, and smile.

as you pull into their driveway, you unbuckle your seatbelt, ready to jump out of the car. "come on dad!" you complain as he straightens the car. once it is parked, you run into lavender's house, and give her a big hug.

"here, this is for you." you say to your best friend, looking down at your wrist, "you should open it." you insist.

about five minutes later, you see mr. herron drive up, as emily gets out of the car. you and lavender walk outside to greet emily, but you can see that she is tensing up because she is shy, and has never met you.

"it's ok em." you hear mr. herron inform her, "this is my best friend jack's daughter, lavender, today is her birthday, and this is daniel's daughter, y/n, you remember daniel, don't you?"

she nods her head as she looks at her father. you, lavender, and emily go into her house, and up to lavender's bedroom.

~~

ch. 4-6 coming soon!