Chapter 71-75

Chapter 71: President Yan is in the Headlines Again 

Yan Rusheng groaned from inside his office .

"Come in . "

Xuxu pushed open the door and stood rooted to the spot—she had no intention of stepping into the room .

"President Yan, it's time to leave, so if there's nothing else I'm heading off . "

Yan Rusheng looked up from a stack of files and frowned slightly . "Have you finished your work?"

Wen Xuxu frowned as well . "There's so much work to do, I couldn't possibly finish it all in a day . "

She did not hide her unhappiness and showed how irritated she was through her tone .

"Wen Xuxu! How dare you . . . " Yan Rusheng wanted to chide Wen Xuxu, but he suddenly thought of something and ridiculed, "Oh right, you're not alone now, someone's waiting for you elsewhere . "

Ever since Jiang Zhuoheng returned, her attitude towards Yan Rusheng had changed completely, solely because Jiang Zhuoheng had her back .

Wen Xuxu smiled coldly and left without giving him an answer . She said—"Bye"—and closed the door behind her .

Looking at the closed door, Yan Rusheng was tempted to throw his ashtray at it .

He felt so agitated all of a sudden .

Looking at the pile of work left undone, Yan Rusheng was no longer in the mood to carry on .

He took out an exquisite box of cigarettes from his drawer and was about to light one up .

"President Yan, smoking is bad for your health . The Chairman wants me to keep an eye on you to prevent you from smoking . "

Wen Xuxu's nagging still rang in his ears .

He was stunned and his hand froze .

His thick eyebrows twisted .

Idiot, keep your eyes on Jiang Zhuoheng . Stay out of my business .

Young Master Yan tended to hold grudges, so he lit up his cigarette and started smoking .

He rested his head on the director's chair, cigarette in one hand, and his other stroking the middle of his eyebrows .

After a long day of work with no rest, he was exhausted .

Halfway through his cigarette, he put it out . As per usual, he would finish a cup of water after his smoke . But to his horror, the cup was empty .

"Wen Xuxu . "

He shouted at the door like never before, but no one was there to answer him .

He then realized that Wen Xuxu was gone .

Although he was upset and incredibly angry, he still dragged his body to the pantry for water .

Taking sips in between, he walked back to his desk when suddenly his phone rang .

He looked at the caller ID and picked up the phone immediately, pressing it closely at his ear .