kaminari

"Hey."

"Hi. Did you need something?"

"Well, no. Not really. I just wanted to talk to you. Are you busy?

"Did she...?"

"No. I'm not her to talk about her."

A month had passed since the Fourth District Incident. Denki and Katsuki had made amends. All of Denki's friends took turns scolding him and whacking him in the head. Hagakure got suspended. Mineta was imprisoned, not for what he had done to you, but for a number of sexual harassment charges. Denki got a stern taking to from his agency, and the video disappeared from the internet.

After realizing all of his wrongs, Denki was determined to do something right.

He had met up with Momo at the food park where they had their first date. Their story was simple. They started dating at UA, and after graduation, they met each other's parents. Denki's family loved Momo, but the case was different with Momo's father. He didn't approve so much of a commoner, more so one who was so aloof. This made Denki sad, and for the first time in her life, Momo yelled at her father. Not wanting to be the cause of their family disputes, Denki decided it was better to break it off with her.

But it wasn't a bitter kind of break up. She understood. They still texted each other after. Still, he missed her. More or less, losing her was what made him fall into a somewhat depressive state.

"Are you hungry? Let's go grab something to eat."

Timidly, she followed him. She was tense, and he could tell. It was like she couldn't breathe in her red, yarn turtleneck that was tucked into a black pleated skirt. Her hands gripped nervously onto the straps of her bag. For the first time in a long time, she had her hair down. It covered most of her concerned facial expression.

Denki, however, was all smiles. Left and right, he waved and greeted at the many acquaintances he bumped into. Everywhere he went, he knew somebody. That kind of casual exposure was always foreign for the rich and sheltered Momo. She was always jealous of him.

The blond bought his favorite burger, and out of habit, he bought Momo's favorite as well. She was surprised as he handed it to her, but accepted it anyway. They ate in silence, every so often sharing awkward glances. After a good 10 minutes, Momo set her half eaten burger down, turning to face Denki.

"What do you want?"

She asked, her eyes fixated on his. This kind of unwavering ferocity coming from her was new, and it threw Denki off guard.

"Uhm...I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?"

"Denki. You have my number. You texted me."

She tried her best to hold it back, but Momo ended up giggling like an idiot. She wasn't used to seeing him so flustered.

"Hey! Don't laugh at me!" Denki whined, pouting at Momo's uncontrollable laughter. "How could I not?" she asked him, her arms wrapped around her sides.

"Seriously, though. I'm not here to talk about her. I...wanna talk about you."

Momo's expression changed instantly into one of surprise. Her eyes watered and her cheeks flushed a faint red as her body froze. Denki saw the opportunity, and took her hand.

"Come on. I wanna show you something."

-----

He had brought her to a hiking site. Then, much to her dismay, he took her off trail.

"Denki, this area's restricted...What if there are snakes?"

"Really, Mo? You could make the biggest, baddest chainsaw come out of your leg and you're scared of snakes?"

"It's difficult to focus on creation when I'm frightened."

"Okay, fine. But think about this for a second."

"What?"

"Danger noodles."

That didn't calm her down one bit. Denki pushed some branches away from their faces, and after a bit more walking, they'd reached their destination.

"They restricted this place because there's a ton of bears, but it's pretty and I love hanging out here when I'm stressed, so..."

Denki pushed through the last few branches, revealing a beautiful lake that was beneath them. The water was pristine and shining against the afternoon sun. The breeze was gentle, causing the trees to sway in unison. It was as if the forrest was dancing all around them.

"Denki...it's beautiful."

"Yea...sure is."

Momo's eyes were filled with wonder as she sat herself down on the soil, absorbing the nature and beautiful sights around her. Denki sat down next to her. He took her hand again, and squeezed it gently.

"Mo...you know, I missed you. I didn't fight for you when I should have, and I did some really uncool stuff because I was sad. I'm guessing you know, don't you? I did a lot of crap that I shouldn't have and...I think where it all went wrong was when I gave up on something I shouldn't have. I wanna make things right, Mo. For us. W-Will you still let me do that?"

She didn't answer him, but he could feel the warm, wet tears falling onto their hands. He didn't know if she was happy, or mad, or both, but he already knew what her answer was. He wrapped his arm around her waist, gently pulling her closer to him to let her cry in his chest. He let her sob into his shirt for a few minutes.

All of the anguish of having him leave her over something that they could have pushed through, watching him toy around with other women, seeing him destroy himself while she could do nothing but watch, and tirelessly waiting for him to come back to her, Momo let it all out. Rivers were streaming from her eyes and she was crying out like a baby, Denki even had to gently wipe away some snot from her nose she was crying so hard. She'd lost her care for being ladylike.

After she'd rode out all of the pain, her crying was reduced to the occasional sniffle. Relieved, Denki reached for the tiny box that he had in his pocket, scooting over to sit down in front of her.

"Listen. Hear me out on this. I know it's sudden, but...Mo. I wanna fix everything between us. I wanna make things right. I'll show your dad that I deserve you. I'm gonna fight this time."

He pulled his hand out of his pocket to show her the small, velvet box. He held it up for her to see what was inside.

"Because you're the peanut butter to my jelly. The pika to my chu. The pepperoni on my pizza. I wouldn't be me without you, and that means I wouldn't be so cool. I wouldn't feel so cool. So...let's make it happen. Deal or no deal, Mo. Will you be the yee to my haw?"

A ring. There was a ring inside the box.

She was crying again, out of joy for she knew what a man giving her a ring meant, but she was still confused.

"Denki...I don't know what that means."

"What I'm trying to say is, I wanna marry you, Mo. Will you let me?"