~30~

"I'm 7 months pregnant now. I just wish my name to be cleared so I could come home" Jhream complained to me over the phone.

Not only was she depressed because she missed Mi'Angels first birthday, Mi was walking, crawling, & accomplishing little goals now.

I recorded as much as I could from a digital recorder for her. It upset me that Jhream missed out, especially because it was all my fault.

I knew I owed her the world. I shouldn't have tossed her the gun. She was alone for half of her pregnancy, I was away from her and wish I was there to watch my baby grow, but I wasn't.

The only thing I could do was wait for her to get out, & today was the day. I planned to surprise her. She had no idea we would reunite again.

Her bond posted for 20k & as soon as it was set, I went and paid it. Since it was the weekend, she was forced to stay in until today, Monday.

Even better news, today was the day I faced Adonis, his wife & whatever kids they had together In court.

I woke up at 7am because I had to be there by 8. Asia came over bright and early, ready to watch over Mi as always.

After getting dressed and setting everything Mi would need aside, I made my way out the door and into my car.

"God I've been doing so good. I promise to keep it up as long as you spare me this one time"

...

After arriving to court I seen Adonis dressed himself in a suit, his tie looked clean with the dress shoes to match. He was obviously sick, just as Jhream explained. You could tell by his pale skin & the dramatic cough he carried with him.

I didn't dress in a suit, but shit I dressed suitable enough. Suit or not I was fighting for my baby & if it wasn't handled the legal way, I'd have to take it into my own hands.

For an hour we went back & forth, fighting for Mi'Angel. He showed documents of all his incomes, pictures of his big fancy houses, cars, clothes and business.

His wife on the other side seemed silenced & unimpressed. Their kids sat behind us, not mumbling a single word.

"Your honor, after plenty of thinking, it is my decision for a divorce against my husband" his wife spoke the moment it was her turn to speak

The whole room immediately snapped their heads to her in shock. She stood strong, firm & even Adonis choked on air a bit.

"Excuse me??? Baby what are you talking about?" Adonis asked with nervous laughter.

"Adonis, I know all about your affairs.. you've only confessed to this one because you were caught" she began.

"But baby we were broken up when I met her. You know I don't care about Jhream or anything else besides my family-

"I was raised in a two parent household, therefore I am not dumb or gullible" she turned to me and took in a deep breath.

"No disrespect to Jhream or Adonis, but I will NEVER, accept such thing. It's not the baby, it's the situation and conditions she was made under"