Chapter 1

CHAPTER ONE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravenkit scattered up the stones leading up to the nursery. He leaped up on the final stone and turned to see Shadowkit nowhere in sight. "Ha! I beat yo-"

"Uh-huh, think faster next time," Shadowkit purred as Ravenkit turned to see her. "As always,"He huffed. Shadowkit laughed, "Don't be such a grumpy badger!" She exclaimed, "We're going to be apprenticed today!" Ravenkit turned to her glaring at her, "I know.. I just wish they were here to see us be apprenticed," He sighed. Shadowkit grin turned to a frown, "They're always watching Shadowkit..." She said, and turned around to hear Adderstar call for a clan meeting. "That's us! I can't wait to see whos going to our mentor!" She said and turned to run down the stones. Ravenkit followed and sat next to Cloudkit, who was also being apprenticed today. Adderstar gazed at the clan before beginning.

"Cats of Cliffclan, the leaf bare brought death upon us but with this green leaf, starclan will bless us with four new apprentices. Windkit, Will you step up?"

"Windkit , you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Windpaw. Your mentor will be Nettlefur. I wish Nettlefur will pass down his courage and hunting skills down to you,"

Ravenkit smiled as he called out Windpaw's new name. His paws tingled as he watched Cloudpaw be apprenticed to Rustripple and Shadowpaw be apprenticed to Whiteflash. Ravenkit felt his heart racing as Adderstar rested his gaze on him. "And finally, Ravenkit, may you step up?"

Ravenkit stepped up before the leader,"Ravenkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Ravenpaw. Your mentor will be Emberfall. I hope Emberfall will pass down all he knows on to you."

Ravenpaw touched noses to the leader and padded over to Emberfall. "I promise to be the best warrior there ever was," He whispered to Emberfall. "I'm sure you'll excel as a great warrior Ravenpaw, just like your mother."

   Ravenpaw smiled half-heartedly and rushed over to join Shadowpaw,Cloudpaw and Windpaw. "I can't believe we're apprentices!" Shadowpaw exclaimed, smiling at Ravenpaw. Ravenpaw cracked a smile at her but then looked away. Then Ravenpaw ran to his mentor " Emberfall what are we going to do today?" Ravenpaw asked Emberfall. " We are going to explore our territory with your sister and Whiteflash." said Emberfall to Ravenpaw. As Ravenpaw ran to meet up with Shadowpaw and Whiteflash "Ravenpaw are you ready to go explore the territory?" asked 

   Shadowpaw turning her head slightly to the side and her gaze glittered with curiosity at the borders of the camp gazing at the forest with curiosity and excitement. When Emberfall said that it was time to explore the territory Ravenpaw and Shadowpaw got up with excitement right away. As they were walking around the territory Shadowpaw turns to Ravenpaw,

      " Why have you been distant from me since DaisyStep died?" asked Shadowpaw as Ravenpaw turn to gaze at her "I just have been upset since DaisyStep died and it made me distant." said Ravenpaw as Shadowpaw gaze at him suspiciously at him. As they were walking the passed the great rock and towards the Creekclan boundary. As Shadowpaw kept asking Ravenpaw stupid question he want to ignore her because he want to focus on mesmerizing the territory if he ever got lost when they went away from the Creekclans boundary towards the Hallowclan boundary.         When Ravenpaw accidentally fell into a fox den the smell of freshly new fox scents as he got out he yelled to the others there's a fresh scented fox in the hole. As Emberfall ran to help him run away from it a fox appeared. As Ravenpaw and Shadowpaw wanted to run but then Emberfall yells "That's the same fox that killed DaisyStep." when Ravenpaw heard that this was the same fox he leap right in there to attack the fox he may have not known any battle moves that didn't stop him until Emberfall yelled retreat Ravenpaw stopped fighting and started to run getting chased by the fox. 

      Then without realizing it they crossed the Hallowclan boundary without knowing it still getting chased by the fox until they accidentally ran into a Hallowclan patrol. Ravenpaw didn't recognize this guy other than the different smell. " What are you doing in Hallowclan territory?" said the Hallowclan cat. "We're running from that pointing at the fox right behind them. When the Hallowclan cats decide to attack the fox then Ravenpaw and the others began to help the Hallowclan cats defeat the fox. As the fox retreated the Hallowclan cats said " We are going to have to take you to your clan leader but you four fought well. When we were reaching the camp Adderstar sat up and asked

    "What is this about Oakfoot why do you have my cats?" then Oakfoot said " They crossed our territory getting chased down by a powerful fox your lucky we found them just in time." Adderstar looked concerned for them then said " well thank you Oakfoot for saving them." as Oakfoot said " Your welcome Adderstar." When Oakfoot was gone Emberfall went to talk to the clan leader when Whiteflash told Ravenpaw and Shadowpaw to go to Berrycloud. That's when Shadowpaw asked "Have you been ignoring me?" she asked him then Ravenpaw nodded 

     "Why have you been ignoring me!" Shadowpaw yelled. "Because when I didn't ignore DaisyStep she got killed and if don't ignore you something bad will happen to you too!" cried Ravenpaw then ran to Berrycloud leaving Shadowpaw in the middle of camp. As Ravenpaw got into the medicine den and the Berrycloud started to examine the wounds on Ravenpaw then asked "What happened to you?" then Ravenpaw told Berrycloud everything that happened. " It will be ok." said Berrycloud to Ravenpaw. Ravenpaw wish it would all be okay but he couldn't lie to himself.