Chapter One

-Jeremy's POV-

I've been at this school for about 2 weeks now, and things are going pretty good for me. I started crushing on this cute girl named Christine, and now we're dating! I made some cool friends, Rich and Jake, who are best friends.

So yeah, things have been going pretty great!

I start walking to lunch and I let out a small scream as I'm basically attacked by Christine.

"Hiiii!" Christine beams as she hugs me tightly from behind.

I let a small smile spread on my face. "Hey Chris!"

"How are you?"

"Good. How are you?"

"Awesome! So earlier today..."

Christine rants about her day as we walk towards the lunch table. We sit down and I look over at Rich and Jake talking to each other. There's no way they're just friends. Jake is so protective over Rich, they stare into each other's eyes as if nothing else in the world mattered, and they're always together. They're very cute together, to be honest, and I totally ship them.

"Jer? Hello? Jer. Jeremy. Jeremy Heere!"

"Huh?" I jump and look over at Christine.

She glares at me. "Did you hear any of that?"

"Uhhh, yeah." I lie with a nervous smile.

She rolls her eyes. "Sure," She says, unconvinced, "But anyways, do you know that Michael guy?"

"The one with the weird spots all over him? Yeah. Why?"

"The spots are a disease called vitiligo. I'm worried about him."

"Why?"

"He's been acting kinda weird lately and has been disappearing in the bathroom a lot."

"Is he in the bathroom now?"

"I looked around and I don't see him, so probably."

"Do you want me to go check in him?"

"Yeah."

"Ok."

I stand up and give Christine a peck on the cheek. As I walk towards the bathroom, I start to think about why he would be in the bathroom so much. Maybe he's sick? Maybe he's doing drugs? Maybe he's depressed? I don't know.

I walk into the bathroom to see a boy on the floor. He has a red sweatshirt with the sleeves rolled up and spots all over his body. He's pressing a razor to his wrists and blood is pouring from his arms. Tears are flooding down his face and he's mumbling to himself in between sobs.

"I'm so ugly. I don't deserve to live. I should have never been born. Why am I even here? Why should I even try? Nobody cares about me."

"Yes they do."

He looks up, his expression is unreadable, and he quickly rolls his sleeves down.

"Who are you and why are you here?"

"My name is Jeremy, I'm new here, and my girlfriend Christine was worried about you so she sent me to find you."

"Oh, of course she did. She's nice. You're lucky that you have her as a girlfriend."

"Yeah. But I'm not here to talk about that."

"Then why are you here? You're only here for Christine, right? You don't care, you're just here because Christine felt bad for me and she sent you to check on me because she didn't wanna do it herself, right? Just go back to her and tell her that I'm fine and I'm just sick."