Chapter Two

-Jeremy's POV-

After about half an hour of arguing about me saying "sorry", we arrive at Michael's house. We walk straight upstairs to his bedroom and we sit down on his bed. I look around at his room and immediately I know that we're gonna be best friends. He has an old Nintendo hooked up to TV with some of my favorite video games scattered around it and posters of 90's bands on his wall. He has an open bottle of red Mountain Dew on his desk and an old CD player softly playing Bob Marley.

"You listen to Bob Marley?"

"24/7 baby!"

I laugh. He has interesting taste in music, but it's honestly quite cute. I hope he doesn't find out that I'm bi, but I'm guessing that he's not straight either since he has a pride patch on his sweatshirt.

"So, what do you wanna do?"

I jump back in surprise and he laughs.

"Sorry, did I scare you?"

"Yeah, a little, but it's fine. What were you asking?"

"I was asking you what you wanted to do."

"Oh, um... it's up to you. I don't care."

"I am the actual worst at making decisions, you decide."

I laugh. "Good to know. Uh, I guess we could play video games and talk. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah! Of course! What video game to you wanna play?"

"Uh, I was thinking 'Apocalypse of the Damned'."

"Cool. Let me go set it up."

We play video games and chat for a few hours. We learned a lot about each other, and I think we're gonna be really close friends! After talking with him for a little bit, I realize that I have a crush on him. Oh dear god why.

"I honestly have always thought I was ugly."

"What!? Why?"

"Because I'm overweight and I have this stupid vitiligo all over me and I hate it."

"You're not ugly, Michael."

"Stop lying to me, yes I am."

"No you're not. I think you're beautiful."

"Wh-What? How?"

"I think you're vitiligo is beautiful and unique and you shouldn't be self conscious about your weight. You're beautiful the way you are."

"Th-Thank you. Um, you do know I'm gay, right?"

"I kinda suspected it."

"Oh."

"IdidntmeanthatinabadwayIjustmeantthat becauseyouhadapridepatchI kindathoughtthatyoumightnotbestraight..."

"Wow."

"Sorry."

"It's fine. Sorry for making it kinda awkward."

"No, it's fine."

I debate whether or not to tell him I'm bi and decide not to. That would make the fact that I'm staying at his house a lot weirder.

"You good, Jeremy?"

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

"No reason, I was just checking."

"Ok."

We talk and play video games for a while until we hear a voice from downstairs.

"Mikey, we're home!"