Chapter Six

Warning: I don't know anything about medical stuff so plz don't get mad if some of this isn't correct. Also mentions of suicide.

           -Michael's POV-

I look around me and I'm in my room. I walk over to my bed and there's a note on it. I pick up the note and read it. It says...

Dear Michael,
I'm sorry that you had to deal with me. I know I'm a burden and I'm sorry that I couldn't help you be happy. I know that you most likely hate me and want me to die, so I will do just that. I'm sorry that you had to deal with me being alive and that you had to deal with me staying at your house. If you're looking for me, don't bother. Even if you did find me, I will have already killed myself. Goodbye Michael.
                                                                  - Jeremy
Ps. I never loved you

Tears start to fill my eyes and my heart starts beating faster and faster in my chest. I can't believe it. This isn't happening. No... no it can't be happening. I hear a constant muffled beeping in the back of my mind. It's driving me crazy. I read to note again and the beeping gets louder and faster. More tears stream down my face and then suddenly-

I sit up abruptly and frantically look around. A bunch of tubes are connected to me and a monitor next to me is beeping very quickly. I suddenly realize that it's a heart monitor. Wow, that got me really worked up. Am I in a hospital? Was that all a dream?

"Michael?"

I look up and a woman who appears to be a nurse smiles at me. That smile is supposed to be reassuring, but I know better.

"What's wrong and why am I here?"

"You got in a car crash in the middle of the night and it appears that your friend, Jeremy, stopped you from getting severely hurt, but risked his life while doing so."

My eyes widen and I cover my mouth as the memories flood back into my brain.

"Oh my god..."

"Yeah, it's sweet. He's not awake yet and we barely have a heartbeat, but he's alive."

I look over and I see Jermey lying in a hospital bed next to mine. He has a lot more tubes connected to him than I do and his heart monitor is barely beeping. He looks awful.

"Will he survive?"

"Not in this condition, no. The issue is blood loss, and we've stopped the bleeding, but he's already lost a significant amount of blood and he might not make it."

"Could I donate some of my blood to save him?"

She thinks for a second and then tells me to wait for a minute. She walks over to another nurse and they talk about it. While they talk, I look over at Jeremy.

I reach over and stroke his face in admiration. He risked his life to save mine. That's a thing I've only heard of on television. I let myself smile as I think of him. Holy crap, I'm in love.

"Michael?"

I jerk my hand back and turn to look at the nurse.

"Yes?"

"You can donate your blood, but we'd have to take a large amount of blood and you will most likely pass out. There's no guarantee that you will wake up after that. Is that ok with you."

I think for a second. I might never wake up.... I'm about to say no, but then I look over at Jeremy. He looks so hurt and I can't stand the thought of him dying like this. I shake my head and blink back a tear.