Three Bad Words

Chapter Two

________________

The ride home was silent.

Travis was glancing worried looks at his little brother, and Kurt had unshed tears in his eyes.

The older of the two new that they would have to talk about what had happened and also about 'Dave Karofsky', but now Kurt wasn't in the right state of mind, at least according to his hand clenching and unclenching.

If their father was away for a few more days, then maybe he could talk to the sad boy when he was in a better mood.

But considering that wasn't the case, the only solution was that Travis had to bring it up before their father came home, which was tomorrow.

Once they were home, Kurt jumped out of the car and waited at the front door for Travis to unlock it.

Sighing softly, Travis locked his car and walk up the porch to the wooden door.

As he was unlocking the door, he tried to talk to Kurt about what had happened at school. He wasn't sure what that really was, but he couldn't figure out why a little boy would lie about being bullied, but he knew he needed to hear Kurt's side of the story once he calmed down.

As soon as the door opened though, Kurt bolted up stairs to his mainly unused room.

Travis was going to let him be, maybe get started on Kurt's favorite sandwich, but as Travis walked into the kitchen after putting his jacket on the coat hanger, he heard a crash upstairs and rushed up to the usually unoccupied room.

---

Once Kurt was upstairs in is room, he crawled under his old bed. He pushed away boxes until h found what he was looking for.

A dark brown chest.

It was covered in dust and cobwebs, but it was what was inside that Kurt wanted.

He opened it with a click, but when he went to push the lid off, it crashed loudly on the ground.

The small boy didn't take much notice. He new that Dexter wouldn't give him a beating unlike his father would.

Inside the brown chest was a smaller, prettier chest with a lock.

The tiny chest was silver and had leaves, flowers and vines engraved into it.

Kurt slipped his hand on his neck, feeling the silver chain, then slipped his hand under his shirt where the key was pressed against his chest. He grabbed it with his tiny hand and unlocked the chest.

Inside the chest were photos of his mother. They where of himself, Dexter and their mum, Elizabeth, but non had Travis.

As soon as Kurt took out a photo of his mum, smiling widely at the camera as her brunette hair flower beautifully against the wind while holding a baby with big blue eyes and a big grin, Kurt started sobbing.

The picture of himself and his mother bought so many memories and emotions at once that the only way to express it was by letting tears fall onto the ground softly.

•Five Years Before•

'Mommy? Why didn't daddy come with us to the park?' Asked Dexter cutely.

'Dad needed to work today but I thought that maybe if we don't tell him, we could get some ice-cream?' Elizabeth told her six year old son.

A smile the size of a whale was what greeted her. She laughed a laugh that sounded like musical bells in harmony.

While dexter was still grinning with all teeth showing, a little sound was heard in the pram that they bought along.