R

Mark stared at his phone, hoping to see a message from Donghyuck, but of course, there was nothing. He bit his lip and then stuffed his face into his pillow. Why did he have to confess? He could've just stayed quiet and pretended to not have feelings for his best friend.

It had already been a month, and Donghyuck had still not approached him. Mark heard a small knock on his door, and he quickly wiped the tears off his face.

"Mark?" He heard his older brother, Taeyong, call out to him as he opened the door slightly. "You've been in here for a whole month now, are you never going to get out?"

"No..." Mark whispered, pulling the pillow up to his face, as he saw his brother stick his head into the room.

"What happened?" Taeyong asked, swiftly moving into the room and joining Mark on the bed. "You can tell me you know."

"I..." Mark started, and he remembered Donghyuck's shocked expression. "I told Donghyuck that I like him, and he looked so... shocked? And disgusted?"

Taeyong's eyes widened and he instantly pulled Mark into a hug, tapping his back as he spoke.

"It's okay Mark, but don't put yourself down because of someone else. Also, if Donghyuck gave such a bad reaction, do you really think you should like someone like him?" Taeyong said.

Mark closed his eyes and thought about it. Should he really be like this just because Donghyuck doesn't like him back?

Mark pulled out of the hug and shook his head. He should try his best to get over it. The holidays were coming to an end, so he was going to have to face Donghyuck one way or another.

"Okay, I'll try to get over him." Mark smiled softly at Taeyong, who returned the smile and ruffled his hair.

"That's my brother."

☀️

"He did WHAT?" Jaemin yelled, hitting his hands on the table. Mark had just explained the reason why he didn't join his friends to places during the holidays. Apparently Donghyuck didn't go either. He was most probably trying to avoid Mark.

"Yeah..." Mark awkwardly laughed, looking away from Jaemin.

"If I had known, I would've beaten him up!" Jeno said, as he leaned back on his chair, shaking his head in disapproval.

"No no, it's okay." Mark smiled. But it soon dropped as he saw a certain brunette walk towards their table.

"Hey guys..." Donghyuck said, holding onto his bag strap tightly. Jaemin instantly got up and grabbed Donghyuck collar.

"Oi Donghyuck, why did you do that?" Donghyuck gulped and looked over at Mark, who avoided his stare. "Don't look at Mark, look at me."

"I didn't do anything." Donghyuck said, pushing Jaemin away and walking over to Mark, but was stopped by Jeno.

"Don't even try to go near Mark." Jeno said, tightening his grip around Donghyuck's wrist.

Donghyuck scrunched his face in pain, and then snatched his wrist away.

"Mark, can I please talk to you?" Donghyuck asked. His face was pale, and had dark circles under his eyes. He looked sick.

"I-I don't know." Mark looked away and bit his lip. Before Donghyuck could ask again, Renjun stood between him and Mark and shook his head. Donghyuck asked Renjun to move, but he didn't even react.

Donghyuck sighed, and turned around. He walked away slowly and then disappeared around the corner. The group all sat with Mark and comforted him.

"It's okay Mark, we'll help you get over him."