D

Donghyuck lay of his bed sideways and stared at his TV screen. He kept remembering Mark's words, and then crying. He had never felt this way before.

The door to his room opened and revealed his older brother, Doyoung. He stood by the door frame and raised his eyebrow, questioning Donghyuck's current behaviour.

"Whats up?" Doyoung finally said, after staring at Donghyuck for more than a minute. Donghyuck just turned around in his bed and made space for Doyoung.

Doyoung sighed and then walked over to the end, climbing in and scooting closer to Donghyuck, who instantly melted into his arms.

"Mark confessed that he liked me." Donghyuck spoke up, his voice was raspy as he hadn't spoken for while.

"Isn't that good?" Doyoung asked, pulling his head up, to get a view of Donghyuck's sad face.

"Yes, except, he regretted it." Donghyuck buried his face in Doyoungs arms. Doyoung then quickly pulled him closer and placed his chin on Donghyucks head.

"Hyuck that's, that's really sad but-" Doyoung was pretty bad with emotional advice. He normally seeked Donghyuck's help when he needed it. It had never come to Donghyuck asking for comfort.

"It's okay, I know." Donghyuck said, ignoring Doyoungs awkwardness. He then pushed Doyoung off the bed and pulled the blanket up. "I'm just gonna rest now."

Doyoung sighed, as he watched his brother sink into his bed and almost immediately fell into deep sleep. He got up from the floor and walked to the door. Just before closing, he whispered a small "take care".

🍉

Donghyuck waited for the bell to ring, so that he could search for Mark. He wasn't able to find him in the morning, and he didn't have any classes with him until after break.

Finally, after he exited the classroom he ran over to the bench where his friends would normally be, and he found Mark there. He looked really sad, and he was telling the other guys something important. Jaemin then yelled, causing Donghyuck to flinch.

Donghyuck started walking towards them and then finally spoke up. "Hey guys..."

The expressions on their faces became angrier than they already were, and then Jaemin suddenly got up and pulled Donghyucks collar.

"Oi Donghyuck, why did you do that." Donghyuck looked over at Mark, who avoided the eyes contact, and then looked back at Jaemin. What had he done? "Don't look at Mark, look at me."

"I didn't do anything." Donghyuck said, pushing Jaemin aside and trying to make his way to Mark, who instantly began to shrink in his chair.

Jeno jumped out of his chair and grabbed Donghyuck's wrist. The strength difference was enough to make Donghyuck feel an immense amount of pain. He scrunched his face up and then pulled his wrist away.

"Mark, can I please talk to you?" Donghyuck asked, feeling his stomach sink further and further as he stared at Mark.

"I-I don't know." Was the reply he got. Why is he acting like this? Donghyuck asked himself. He tried to walk closer to Mark, but was stopped by Renjun, who shook his head in disapproval.

"Can you move?" Donghyuck said, trying his best to not lose his patience. Renjun then just ignored him and stood there in silence. After understanding that there was no way he could talk to Mark here, he sighed and began to walk away.

What had Mark told the guys that they for some weird reason hated Donghyuck now?