Prologue

I just came home from training with Caleb, I put my coat next to moms on the coat hanger. I took off my dirty shoes and walked through the house trying to find her. I never shout at this time incase she was asleep and I would hate to wake her up, she needs her rest. I look in the living room first incase shes in her favourite chair, but she's not so I go to her bedroom, I slowly open the door and peak inside. Their she was, still as a porcelain doll, but she was beautiful, the most beautiful woman I know.

I go into my room and do my nightly routine, I quickly had a shower and get dressed in a hoodie and leggings. I made sure my alarm is set for my morning jog.

The morning air was cold, but it was refreshing their was more people on a run this morning then before, must be a good day. I stopped to catch my breath and sat at a bench I sat looking at the bright yellow ball rising starting a new day.

"May I sit with you?" I jumped a little, I looked up and saw a teen around about my age, he had dark brown hair and was obviously well built. I nodded, my breath better come back quick, "Elizabeth, right?" I gave this guy a puzzled look. "You know my name?" I say my breath slowly coming back.

He laughed a little, "yes I go to the same school as you and we have the same math class." I nod remembering who is, "well it's lovely to meet I have to get home." I say getting up and waving him bye while jogging off. That was not weird.

When I entered the home I made sure to take my shoes off, "mom I'm home!" I thought I was gonna get a reply, but she must be in bed still. I go upstairs and see that shes still in bed I go up to her and gently shake her shoulder, "mom, it's time to get up." She didn't squint her eyes like she usually does so I shook her shoulder again "mom" I panicked, I felt her forehead and it was cold, she felt cold, like ice.

I grabbed her phone from the bedside table and called the ambulance immediately, "911, what's your emergency?" I felt tears prick my eyes, but I dont dare them to fall. "Hi, my mom has stage four breast cancer and shes not waking up!"

~~~~~~
I have changed some of the plot for this book because it got too cliche and I didn't like that, so enjoy this new version!

Anyways have a great day!

~Jenny x