Chapter 19

I woke up finding myself to be the only one awake. Elizabeth and My brother were asleep, James was asleep. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

    I was never the first one up. I shrugged my shoulders and got myself a cup of coffee. I sighed since there was sadly no tea.

    I heard rustling and turned to see James awake. "Good morning," I said. He looked up, startled.

    "When are you ever up early?" He asked, squinting. I smiled awkwardly.

    "Actually, I am not sure. I am a little confused about that myself," I said honestly. I sighed and tapped my fingers, impatiently waiting for my coffee.

    "You are acting incredibly strange this morning," He said. I almost cheered as my coffee finished.

    "Well, I am not ready to leave. I kind of want to stay here and just chill a while," I admitted.

    I took a sip of my coffee and smiled. I needed this coffee... I loved this coffee! Caffeine!

    I grabbed the sugar and dumped eight spoonfuls, making James's eyebrows raise. I stirred it and then began to drink it once more.

    "Uhm, you sure you have enough...?" He said awkwardly.

    I sighed and finished the warm substance before looking over. "Yep, actually... I am hungry," I said. I stood straighter and noticed something strange.

    I ran to the bathroom and checked my underwear. "Fuck!" I exclaimed. My period! I pinched the bridge of my nose in silent prayers that it would go away.

    At least there were no cramps...? Although, those usually didn't happen until after the first day. I groaned in annoyance.

    "Is everything alright in there?" James asked. I blushed and put a lot of toilet paper in my underwear praying to god it would last long enough for me to get pads.

    "Yea uh... Hold on.." I said. I flushed the toilet, washed my hands and ran out the bathroom. I put on a hoodie, despite the heat and put on my shoes, not caring about the disguise.

    "Uh, are you alright?" James asked. "Where are you going?" He furrowed his brows.

    "Uh, just my regular, you know.." I hissed out. He looked confused and I hid my face in my hands.

    "My period..." I mumbled. He heard it and blushed bright red.

    "Uh, I guess you need me to drive you?" He offered. I shook my head and ran out the door. I hoped that I would be able to get there fast enough.

--

    Once I was back I sighed in relief. When Jonah had found out he laughed and I got mad and Elizabeth avoided me like the plague.

    I sat at the table, eating strawberries dipped in chocolate. I hummed in joy, eating them quickly.

    "Hm, so what's wrong with her?" David asked Elizabeth as they were trying to discuss Lukas.

    "I don't think you want to know. Right now I would say she is a ticking time bomb," She said vaguely.

    "Why? She seems... Cheery today.." He said awkwardly.

    Elizabeth looked back at him quickly, covering his mouth and dragging him away, whispering something in his ear.

    Bitch, I am right here you know, I thought. I pouted when I finished the strawberries and chocolate. No! They are gone! I screeched mentally.