❧ I I ❧

As Ashton and his friends leave the music shop, they pepper him with questions.

        “So, did you tell her?” Luke asks.

            “What did she say?” Calum adds.

            “Does she like you too? Are you two in love?” Michael interrogates.

            “I kind of didn’t tell her…” Ashton answers honestly.

            “Then what did you say to her?” Luke asks.

            “I told her that I heard someone likes her, and then I told her that I have this friend who’s crazy about her,” He tells them, his head hanging low. He feels defeated. Why didn’t he just tell her? Why did he have to go and lie?

            “And she just believed you?” Calum asks.

            “Yeah,” Ashton replies, feeling his heart break a little, because that was maybe the saddest part, she just believed that someone liked her, someone that she thought wasn’t him, and she smiled about it, “she did.”

            “Eventually, you’ll have to tell her the truth,” Michael says gently, “and then you’ll know. You can’t lie about it forever.”

            “I just wish it wasn’t so hard to say,” Ashton muses. Maybe it was only hard because she took his breath away; her auburn hair, and her eyes that most people mistake as brown, but if you look closely, you notice that they’re actually brown with green flecks in them. Maybe it was hard because the sound of her laugh made him lose focus; she laughs a lot, maybe even more than he does, which he really liked about her. Because Ashton laughs a lot. Even her smile made him forget what he wanted to say. She just made him so nervous that he chickened out of telling her.

            He couldn’t help but wonder, what she would say if she knew it was him.

~☆~♡~☆~♡~☆~♡~☆~♡~☆~♡~☆~♡~☆~♡~☆~♡~☆~♡~☆~♡~