cake and tea.

28th May 2009, 12:12 pm

The hip-hop beat was echoing throughout the dance studio. A boy in his last high school years, wearing an orange hood with grey shorts, was staring at the mirror.He starts tapping his feet along to the beat which was playing when he heard a click indicating that someone had entered the studio.

"Hoseok!" A boy of the same age comes running towards Hoseok, his face beaming with happiness,"We did it. We now have our own dance studio. Although it's small but i already love it." He says while walking towards the back of studio and got himself comfortable with him sitting on the floor, cross-legged. "It's all thanks to you Jimin. You were the one who gave me motivation to open our own dance studio."

Jimin smiled and took out his camera without Hoseok noticing. Hosoek turned back to the mirror and started doing some slick steps along with the hip- hop beat playing. Jimin opened his camera and started shooting Hoseok dancing.

Hoseok saw his friend holding a camera through the mirror. "Oh, you brought a camera?" "Mmhm. Since we have a dance studio shouldn't we start shooting ourselves dancing and posting it on SNS?" Hoseok stared himself thinking about it and said, "We have to ask for our parents for that." "Stop being such a goody shoes. Mom has agreed. And your mom will probably know t-" Hoseok stares at Jimin directly with furrowed eyes and a worried expression. Jimin stared him for a while before realising what he said "Ah yes. Sorry Hoseok"

"You should've gotten used to it now, Jimin." Hoseok says as he looks out of the window just to be reminded of the memory he wanted to forget.

13th February 1998
It was a special day. His birthday. He walked through the crowd of people while holding his mother's hand that engulfed his small hand.  His mother had always taken him to the amusement park on his birthdays.

He was turning 5 today. They went through the rides with Hoseok pointing at several rides and saying, "Mom, we'll go to this ride." 

With the excitement of  going to rides another thought also got to him. What would be his present this birthday? Chocolates? Clothes? Toys? Just thinking of it made him happy. "Mom, what will I get this birthday?" Hoseok looks at his mom and asks. "Shh.It's a secret. " His mom says smiling with her finger on lips. "Should we go to the carousel first, Hoseok-ah?""Yes." he said.

After the carousel ride, his mom said ,"Hoseok, i am going to get your present, okay. Put your hands on your eyes and count till 10. if mom doesn't come by then don't go anywhere and do not put your hands off your eyes. Understood?"

"Yes, i understood." he said. finally the time has come when he will receive his presents. He started thinking about the present he would get. Oh so nervous and happy at the same time. However, he had counted to 10 and waited for 20 minutes. It started to worry him. 30 minutes passed and just like that, an hour too. He sat on the railings and patiently waited. Mom will be back, every minute he assured himself by thinking this. He could hear people murmuring and feel them staring at him. He hoped that mom will come back anytime soon. Wouldn't she?

But his mom didn't come back. Ever.

Back to present

Hoseok's thoughts get interrupted with a click of a door. A figure dressed in red track pants and a black crop top enters the room. "Ryujin!" Hoseok says cheerfully and notices the small cake on her hands with Jimin still shooting them.

Ryujin comes forward,' Happy Birthday Hobi!" she says with a smile. "This is for me? But...it's not my birthday" Hoseok asks, confused. "I know..." Ryujin says.

Jimin's P.O.V

" I know" Ryujin says. I watch them through my camera lens and without realizing, zoomed on Ryujin's face. She is so nice, I thought, bringing a cake for Hoseok even when it isn't his birthday. I soon started daydreaming if I was there in place of Hoseok., still staring at Ryujin. She suddenly turned her head towards me. I fumbled with my camera and tried to act as if I wasn't staring at them.  I know my acting skills aren't the best because they caught me.

"Back to earth, Jimin" Hoseok says, smiling as Ryujin beckons me to come over to them. I hurriedly stand up and walk towards them. That day we decided to choose a new song to dance.

" So, I was thinking of doing a new song. What do you think?"Hoseok asks. "That shounds..great" Ryujin stumbled upon her speech due to the cake she just stuffed in."But what should we dance to?"

I thought about how I was listening to a song called YOUTH by Troye Sivan but i doubted it. Not that they wouldn't be able to dance but they wouldn't like the beat. But before I could say anything, "I heard a song off Jimin's playlist."Hoseok started. "When did you take my phone!"  I asked in shock while playfully hitting him. "Just like that." Hoseok says."So we should be choreographing that song. Let's meet everyday after school. How's it"

"Waaah. Leaderships of a sun. I'm truly surprised." Ryujin says after hearing his plan. "Anyways, I should give a listen to the song." and double pointing Jimin and Hoseok. Hoseok points back at her and as usual I couldn't find anything to reply so I just smiled and nodded. I stand up and walk towards the glass pane and look at the sky. The view wasn't that pretty but that day I felt something else. I don't know what it was and distracting myself from that feeling, I checked the time on my watch. It was 6:32 and the sky was bluish-pink. Suddenly Ryujin says, "I need to go now, for it's the time for my academy." and leaves while saying goodbye to the us.

Hoseok too stands up and puts his hands over my shoulders. He turns his head and says," We should go too.""Sure." I replied as we went out of the room and closed the gate.

We were just getting on our bikes when two men dressed in suits come forward to us and say, " Young madam had offered you for tea."one of them said "We have to go home. Our parents must be waiting-" Hoseok spoke back but the man cut him off " That has been taken care of. You can leave your bikes here and come with us." We did as they instructed us. I looked to Hoseok as in to ask who had been been calling us. Hoseok just shrugged as we walked towards the luxurious car that was parked in front of us. A voice called out from the car, " Please come and sit."

Now we both knew who had been calling us and this hour. The school's Queenka and our close friend. Jung Sora.

~~~
[A/N]

What's your views about the chapter? And it's been years since I last updated. The next part will be a brief introduction of the characters and I don't know when will I update the next part. But I'll try to do it as soon as possible!!

Way to go!