Chapter 2

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* I groaned rolling over and picturing my alarm clock smashing against the wall, only bothering to look up once I heard a crash, to see my alarm clock in pieces against the floor. With a smirk I get up to go see the damage, still proud of my growing abilities I couldn't help but chuckle as I held the destroyed clock in my hand. "Shania get up and get ready, you have to go look for a job today" groaning I tried to block out my sister pounding on my door, and start heading towards my bathroom. Emerging a short twenty minutes later I set out on finding an "acceptable"- as my sister had put it- outfit for the day. After throwing on some lack skinny jeans, I grab a black veil brides shirt from my sister's room and a beanie and head downstairs. My sister stands in the kitchen arguing with my niece about appropriate dress for school when I enter, tugging my amethyst hair into my beanie I grab my headphones and my keys from the counter. Heading out with a simple kiss to the head for my niece I step out in the sunlight, putting on my Ray bans I trudge my way down the street and into town. My sister thinks I have an attitude problem, and doesn't think it's healthy I have no friends. I'm fine. I just simply hate everyone.

Twenty minutes later I'm entering town. Looking around for any shops that have help wanted signs, I see smoke rising from somewhere about 4 blocks away. Curiosity getting the best of me I start walking towards the center of town, as I got closer I realized the only place the smoke could be coming from was Westview, that all boys school that was made a few years back. Arriving at the school I stopped in utter shock at what I saw. As I stared at the boy, not a day older than me surrounded by flames and fury, I could only utter one thing....

"he has powers too..." I did the only thing I could think of, call Jason. Once Jason arrived I explained about the boy. "In There!" I said as Jason knocked down the wall, causing a beam of light to illuminate the boy on the other side. "He isn't going to listen to us shania, try to get in his head" Jason said quietly " okay " I replied quickly and tried to get into his head, " you need to calm down, your emotions are making the fire worse" I thought to him , " what are you talking about?! I didn't cause this fire" he yelled. "Im gonna have to put him to sleep, he blocked me out." I yelled to Jason who respond with a nod. "Hey, you're going to sleep for a little bit. Just relax and let it happen." I said to him, willing him to sleep, he hit the ground before he could even respond.

"We're gonna have to move him Jason, The fire trucks will arrive soon and he will be put away for arson " I told Jason as we walked closer to the unconscious boy. "Where exactly are we gonna put him? He'll burn the place down once he wakes up. He has no control over his power yet." Jason replied almost expertly. "I don't know! But we can't just leave him here! What good is his power gonna be in prison!" I yelled at Jason. I turned to Jason quickly and said "I have an idea!"

"This isn't gonna work shania, we can't just put him in your nieces tree house. Fire powers remember? "Jason said as he picked up the unconscious boy bridal style to carry him to my house, I rolled my eyes. So what if he burned the tree house down? I hated that shit anyways. "it will be fine, we can tie him up or something, oh no that might make it worse.... Let's wake him up once we get there" I replied to Jason's sass. Rolling my eyes Jason drops the poor kid on the floor, causing him to groan and slowly wake with fear in his eyes. "DON'T GET UPSET! IF YOU LIGHT THIS ON FIRE I WILL KILL YOU!" I screamed at the kid until he furiously shook his head in agreement. "I'm Shania, That's Jason. What's your name?" I asked the male, in which he quietly replied "Skye."

"Well Skye, tell us how long you've known about your powers."