Chapter Five :: First Bite

*** A/N. Hi all, this is my Fith chapter as promised, hope you like it. I haven't had any comments yet so it would be great if you could take a moment to let me know if you like my story. See you on the flip side. ***

** Madison POV **

I was going to die. Seven years of running and hiding had been for nothing. My childhood had been ruined. My father had died in vain, for nothing. The Vampire had kidnapped me, taken me away from my home and was now nowhere to be seen. Where was he when I needed to be saved. What was I thinking. My life was over anyway, he was taking me to Romania...to my death. I might as well die here, what matter did it make where it was or who did it. I was going to die. Half of me was giving in to the inevitability of my impending doom. The other half of me had fight still within me. The fight I inherited from my father. The fight that had kept me alive all these years. I snapped out of my mental argument, the fighting half of me overpowering the weaker side.

I slammed on the breaks of the car, causing the car to skid to a halt and the Vampires on the roof to shoot off of the car onto the road in front of me. They shot up and spun around before my eyes could focus. I was amazed at the speed and agility of these creatures. They were evil monsters, spawn of the devil, but they were astonishing to watch. I could understand how they craved power and control. The power that ran through their veins driving them forward, to be the best of their kind. The sheer hatred and evil in their eyes as they stood in front of the car, made the hairs on the back of my hair stand up and caused a shiver down my spine. I stamped my foot down on the reverse pedal, not really knowing what I was doing, but knowing I had to get away. I spun the car around, facing the other way. If I hadn't of been in a life or death situation I'd of been silently pleased with my superb driving skills. I accelerated forward, secretly hoping I would come across my Vampire/ kidnapper along the way. I could really do with his help right now. I could see the two Vampires in my mirror, gaining on me, fast. Panic set in as I realised I was never going to get away, no matter how fast I drove, they would be faster. The speed with what they moved was impressive. They were like ghosts vanishing and reappearing, my eyes struggled to keep up. I focused on the front, determined to survive as I pressed further down on the accelerator. I saw a blur to the right of the car as I noticed “My Vampire” as I know called him, ghost past me. He tackled the nearest Vampire to the car, to the ground, pounding his body into the tarmac as the surface crumbled underneath the force of their fight. The other Vampire hesitated for a moment, probably deciding whether to turn back and help his companion or take advantage of the chance to catch up to me while the two Vampires were fighting. I had not realised while this was going on that I had once again stopped the car, the shock of the situation, freezing me in my place. I was glad no other cars had come by to witness the goings on, but also wishing they had. Perhaps somebody, anybody could help. I knew this was ridiculous, what human could be of any assistance to this carnage. The other Vampire had started his descent towards me, walking now instead of running, but still faster than any human could possibly walk. It was like he was savouring his kill. I was still frozen in my place, my foot firmly on the brake. I knew this was it, I would never get out of this situation alive. He walked, calmly to the side of the car and ripped off my door handle with a simple tug of his hand. I snapped back to the reality of the situation and scrambled out of my seatbelt and over to the passenger seat, attempting to climb out of the car. Before I had time to try the door he had appeared on the other side of the car, where I now sat and ripped it from my grasp, throwing it behind him. I screamed. It hurt my ears, and made my throat burn. I edged backwards but he was too fast. He grabbed my legs with both hands and pulled me out of the car tossing me to the side. I hit the tarmac and slid across the road, the small stones on the road ripping into my skin. My bones throbbed with the force of my impact with the road. I whimpered in pain, tears rolling down my eyes onto my torn tee shirt. My strength was zapped. I had nothing left in me to fight with. He ghosted to me and pulled me up by my neck, choking the air out of me. I gasped for breath, trying with all my might to ignore the pain shooting down my body as it dangled there, feeling as though my neck would be ripped clean off of my shoulders. I forced my eyes upwards, glaring into his eyes. He was a tall, thin Vampire, he had to be over six feet tall. His hair was black and slicked back with grease. He wasn't beautiful like other Vampires I had seen, he was reptile looking, with a long face and hollow eyes. No emotion in them at all, just black pits, the same black as my Vampire/kidnapper, but they did not sparkle with humanity like his did, they were empty, dead. He wore black trousers and a black top and trench coat, this seemed to be a running theme with Vampires I thought, the colour black. I would of said he was in his forties, but had no gauge on the Vampire age line so he could have been a thousand years old for all I knew. He had the same trademark anaemic skin tone as the rest of the Vampire race, making his eyes appear even darker. The other Vampire, who was now pinned to the floor by my Vampire, but was putting up a good fight, was shorter than the one who now had me lifted off of the floor by my throat. He was younger looking and stockier than the other. He was also dressed in black but had more of a modern appearance. My attention was brought away from the two Vampires, duelling in the middle of the road, to the frightening Vampire who had my body dangling there like a kitten hanging from it's mothers mouth. I cringed away from the gaze of the Vampire as his eyes burned into mine, but not in the way my Vampire did. He grabbed my face with his other hand and pulled it towards his, forcing me to look at him.