Juuichi(11): Concert Night pt. 1

Despite my huge migraine, waking up the next morning I felt overly ecstatic. The sun was shiny through the windows, illuminating my apartment after the gloomy days we've been having lately. The snow was reflecting the light, making it super bright outside, despite the cold temperature that made your coat crunch. 

A permanent smile was scrawled along my face as I got ready for work. Images of last night came running back through my mind, Freddie's fine figure never leaving my interior sight. Freddie and I barely spoke of the situation we wanted to apologize about, and I didn't give a fuck. 

As of right now, Freddie and I seemed to be on good terms. Early this morning, around four in the morning, I could barely let Freddie go. I knew he had to leave for his concert in order to prep, but my god! I should have invited him to stay the night, that way we could've spent the rest of the morning together. 

However, I knew we had certain boundaries we needed to keep, and I'm sure if we spent too much time together, one of us would lash out or hit each other. Better yet, we could kill each other in our sleep! Seeing how we get barely any sleep together...

When I got to work, the hallways were busy with everyone scrambling around, trying to get everything together last minute for tonight and tomorrow's show. Immediately I was put in charge of wiring, making sure that all the sounds coming from the instruments and microphones were going through the speaker. 

Tapping on each microphone, the sound echoed through the auditorium, making me jump the first time. I also tapped and strung most of the instruments, their sounds coming through the speakers as well. 

"What about lighting?" 

"Did we check everything for that?" 

"Hold on, hold on! I'm getting to it!" I heard Mr. Jones yell. He came up from the side of the stage, his hair a fucking tangle as sweat dripped down the side of his face. His mustache twitched over his upper lip as he kept a flat look. His eyes landed on mine, widening with relief.  "Sandy, stand in the middle of the stage!"

I nodded my head and did as I was told. The huge bright lights started to move and change to all their different colors, illuminating the stage. As they raised, I could feel the heat already starting to hit my back, beads of sweat forming on my face.

"How's that Sandy?" Mr. Jones asked.

"Hot as usual." I remarked, running the back of my hand across my forehead. 

Mr. Jones chuckled, "At least the rooms have some air conditioning." 

The lights started to go back to their normal positions as I made my way over to him, "Might as well just open the back doors! I'm sure the fucking cold air outside will perk some nipples."

"I'm sure everyone would love that," Mr. Jones flatly stated. 

I laughed, shrugging as someone passed with one of the Queen crates. Watching them, I was about to walk away when all eyes looked passed me. I didn't even get the chance to turn around when I felt an arm finding its way around my waist. 

Turning my head, I almost smacked my forehead against Freddie's, a smirk spread across his irresistible face.

"Hello," I greeted. 

Freddie chuckled. "Hello." 

"You're looking sharp," I commented, looking Freddie up and down. "How are you feeling?" 

"Perfectly fine, dear. How about yourself?" 

"Hmm, a little sore here and there..." I playfully remarked, causing Freddie to roll his eyes. I laughed in response, "I'm great."