Prologue

Like all teams in the world of Remnant, Team Blaq was comprised of four extraordinary fighters. They were charged with the protection of the citizens from the creatures of grimm, bandit gangs, and any other odd jobs to make the people feel safe. They used their unique semblances, weapons, and unique teamwork tactics to make sure the job was done. However, unlike the other teams in the world they were different. Very different. None of the members had graduated from or even attended the huntsman academies. They had tried to attend the schools, but were discriminated against by their peers because of their lineage, unorthodox attitudes, or they just did not fit in. So they were, for the most part, self taught. They were as ragtag as a group could get. That didn't stop them from being a strong team and caring for each other deeply, as they all had a few things to connect them. They had all lost people important to them. They were all dropouts. They were all faunus. And most importantly, they all saw each other as a family. At the age of 16, a young lion faunus by the name of Bai Blackweld had decided that he didn't need to be a graduate from Shade Academy to make a difference to the people. He decided he would either do so on his own with his double bladed naginata, Dark Horizon, or with a team. He didn't care as long as he was helping others. His younger adopted sister, Qin Kirmizi, a 13 year old cheetah faunus decided that she and her whip, Murasakiiro no Muchi, wouldn't let him do it alone and decided to go with him. After a year of traveling together, the pair wound up in Mistral. After being there for a week, they were drawn to the sound of shouting and screaming. After tracking the sound to its source they found a most peculiar sight. A muscular man wielding clawed gauntlets facing off against a trio of beowulves. He wasn't the least bit worried though. In fact, he was laughing and seemed like he was enjoying himself immensely. After watching for a few minutes, Qin decided that this man was an idiot and wanted to leave him. Bai however, found him intriguing. Not many people would smile in the face of such danger. After the battle was over, Bai talked to him to discover that he was a 19 year old polar bear faunus. He introduced himself as Ace Bluefield, then introduced his gauntlets, Shiroi Tsume. He was a wanderer just as they were and Bai asked him to become part of his team, to which he eagerly accepted. A few months later they found themselves in Atlas. While celebrating after defeating a group of boarbatusks that had been terrorizing a small village, Ace was caught off guard by a grimm that still had some life in him. A green arrow soared over his shoulder and pierced it in the eye. The group turned and saw a young wolf faunus holding a bow still poised in the firing stance. He had a look of disgust on his face at the dead grimm and then scolded Ace for not being more careful. Ace grabbed him and squeezed him in a tight hug saying thanks for saving him. The boy introduced himself as Len Midori. He had been walking through the area and heard the sounds of the battle and stopped to observe the trio. He noticed Qin eyeing his bow and said with an air of pompousness that the bows name is Gurinbou. Like the rest of them, he had no teammates and explained that his father had kicked him out when he turned 18 for leaving Atlas Academy and being gay. At this, Ace raised an eyebrow and winked at him, making Len blush. Bai told him that they were traveling huntsman and were looking for a fourth teammate and would love to have him on their team. Len hesitated for a bit, thinking that it was a joke until Qin told him that her brother didn't care about all that and that he might as well say yes. To which he agreed. Later on back in the village, Bai told them he only had three rules for them to follow while under his command: 1) Treat each other as a family, as they were all the other had now. 2) No one gets left behind, no matter what. 3) Absolutely no one dies while under his command. The four of them raised their cups and toasted and celebrated their new found friendship and the formation of a new team; BLAQ. That was two years ago.