1: The Man...

Bang! Our front door fell to the floor, as it was being knocked down in just seconds!

My dad yelled, "Don't you try to get near them!"

This person my dad was yelling at, started walking towards my bedroom,that I share with my younger sister, Jessica. In panic, both of us hid in the closet.

"Shh. Don't cry Jess. Nothing's going to happen."

I really hoped I was right. Suddenly, my door burst open! My parents were screaming, but they were being held back by something! Black men's dress shoes were walking around my room and searching and underneath our beds.

The man said,"Come out, come out, wherever you are."

In an instant the man came in front of the closet door and creepily tormented us by saying. "Peek-a-boo. I see you!"

Without realizing it, I found a secret passageway, behind Jess, and struggled to get us through it, but we made it just before he could grab us. We found a letter from our parents telling us where to go, and who to ask for. They made sure to tell us that they wouldn't let anything happen to us. Every minute that Jess and I were on the run, I started doubting that one thing that would keep me going.

All I could think about was my parents being tortured by that person to make sure they tell him where we're going. When I opened another letter it told us what we needed to get to the places were going. I thought I would say that they would have to give it. It was nothing like that.