𝟎𝟑

"T H A T boy Khairro was raised by his parents right," Mrs

     "T H A T boy Khairro was raised by his parents right," Mrs. Josefa comments as I entered the kitchen. Her eyes were twinkling today, there was a different kind of spark in them. She seemed happy as she served me my food. As always, my usual breakfast was already there waiting to be eaten: a blueberry waffle, a bowl of fruits next to it, and of course, my iced coffee.

After a few bites of fruit, I raised a questioning brow at her.

"How can you say? He didn't talk much last night," I muttered.

He has said more things to me and I couldn't even tell if he's someone I should trust or not, I added in my mind.

Mrs. Josefa smiles mischievously at me. "Oh, my dear. He didn't need to talk that much for me to say he's a great boy."

I wish it was that easy for me.

"What do you mean?" I ask her instead, my attention focused on her now. My glorious food was momentarily forgotten.

"Does your feet hurt? Your calves?" She asks instead, her smile only growing wider.

Why is she so happy and weird today? What's with all of these questions? I cleared my throat and answered her nonetheless.

"They are fine, surprisingly. My calves doesn't hurt the way it did last night. I expected them to hurt a lot today but I guess I just needed to sleep it off. They feel normal already." I beamed at her. I was really happy about the condition of my feet and calves since I really expected them to hurt a lot as soon as I woke up this morning.

It looked like I didn't have to worry about walking around at all. Mrs. Josefa claps her hands before giving me a suggestive wink.

"That's because that boy stayed until he was satisfied that you were fine. I went to your room to see him out only to see him soaking your feet with cold water, massaging your calves then leave soon after. He looked like he knew his way around too."

Khairro bullied the poor freshman yesterday morning. He seemed like he was a bully. But I can't tell for sure. We all have our own set of bad days and sometimes, other people take out their annoyance or anger on other people even though that's extremely bad or rude. Even then, that's no excuse. What he did was bad and wrong. But what if he was just having a bad day? What if he really wasn't like that?

But what if he was exactly like that? A straight up bully. What if everything he did last night was just an act?

Oh, come on, Morgan. The guy just basically walked you home, carried you, and you judge him? You didn't even thank him last night. That's not nice, Morgan. Not nice!