𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

Sunday afternoon.

Jisoo stared through the spotted window of her hotel room at the gravel-grey sky, watching as the fluffy clouds began to shuffle, darkening all of a sudden. Thunder rang out in a few rumbles, before one loud bang erupted loudly. Then, the rain began to fall in a sprinkle, gradually becoming more heavy. Raindrops drummed against the glass and her eyes scanned the droplets in admiration, for she loved the rain and found it calming. A smile spread across her lips.

   A knock erupted from her door, before it opened slowly to reveal her close friend, Miley. Her eyebrows lifted as she peeked around the door at Jisoo. "I have something for you," she walked over to her and held out a pale white envelope in her hand. Jisoo took it graciously. "It looks important."

  "It's from Calibration." Jisoo stated, reading the company's name on the top of the letter after she had opened it. "Calibration, as in the biggest photography business."

   Miley's eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

   Jisoo nodded eagerly, before completely unfolding the paper and holding it out to read. Her eyes fluttered to the beginning where she began reading.

To Jisoo,

On behalf of Calibration's team, we're honored to announce that we'd love to have you aboard. As you may know, Calibration is one of the largest photography companies, and we specialize in the tabloids, hiring only the most experienced photographers to follow celebrities they've been assigned to to show their lives to the public. Though it's a scary business, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Many people believe they're prefect for the job, but what they don't realize is that the celebrities aren't as relaxed about the critics as they seem to be. When there's several cameras in their faces at once, it's expected to result to frustration and lashing out at the photographers.

Another set of expectations we have for you is that you're equipped with the correct abilities, with the camera itself and how you use it. We've recognized your work and see the potential you have for this job. Celebrities are meant to look beautiful, flawless, and sometimes unreal, but it takes a talented photographer to accomplish just that. We believe you're perfect for this position, but it is your choice.

      If you're interested, you'll be assigned Jung Jaehyun as your main priority. It's expected that he should be followed whenever possible and photographed to only accentuate his appearance. We understand that you are enrolled in university, which will interfere with work at some times, but we're very interested in having you along. Don't forget if you accept this position, you must remain anonymous to Jaehyun. It's important that he doesn't acknowledge you as a photographer.

Sincerely,
The team at Calibration

   While Miley leaned over Jisoo's shoulder to also read the letter, a gasp left her lips as she skimmed through the text. Miley laid her hands upon Jisoo's shoulders and shook her in excitement. "I told you, didn't I? I told you that one day your talent would be recognized. And that day is today, because one of the biggest photography companies just contacted you and are interested in hiring you. This is amazing!"

   Jisoo hesiatated, leaving Miley confused as she walked around to face her directly. She watched her closely, before asking, "Why aren't you saying anything?"

   A moment passed as Jisoo thought to herself the expectations from Calibration. "One guy?"

   Miley watched her without responding. Jisoo continued, "They only want me to photograph one guy? That's the creativity they want to see?" Her tone seemed a bit annoyed, and Miley understood where she was coming from as she acknowledged her expression change slightly. "How am I supposed to express myself in my work if all I can photograph is a guy? Is it wrong that I feel like it's just not right?"

   Miley watched Jisoo for a moment, processing what she's said. "No," she responds softly. "I know what you're saying, but you shouldn't decline the offer so quickly. Even though you won't be taking pictures of what you particularly want to, you'll still be hired by one of the most known photography companies in the world. They're specialized in celebrities, and even though you may not want to photograph Jaehyun constantly, I think it's one of the most impressive opportunities that can be offered to you."

   Jisoo's face softens as she listens to Miley. "You should consider it more." She adds.

  While thinking about what her friend has said, Jisoo realizes that it is in fact a wonderful opportunity that she should be grateful for instead of complaining about. Nodding her head, she releases a quiet sigh. "You're right," Jisoo complies. "I don't know why I'm acting so selfish. There's probably a lot of people that dream of this job and I'm complaining about it.."

  "Don't be too hard on yourself," Miley says, wrapping her arm around her. She gives her an encouraging smile. "It's not your fault your dreams exceed the limits of Calibration. Be proud of who you are, because you're incredibly talented in so many ways."

  Jisoo pouts at Miley mockingly, before smiling. "Stop being such a great friend. You've set the bar too high for me to reach.."

  Miley chuckles, squeezing Jisoo in a tight hug. "You've already reached the bar, Soo."