Brian gets a date-Part 18

INT. SIERRA PALM HIGH SCHOOL-ECONOMICS CLASSROOM-DAY.

Friday, Sept. 10th, 1976. Andrea is sitting in her economics class and she looks at one of the girls sitting in the classroom. Her name is Beverly Reinhardt. She is a nerdy looking type of girl, with nerdy glasses, who could clearly be made very pretty with a little TLC. This is whom Andrea plans to set up with Brian. The bell rings signaling the end of class. As the class empties Andrea catches up with Beverly. The Camera follows them as they talk.

ANDREA- Hey Beverly, how's it going?

BEVERLY- Hi Andrea. I'm doing okay I guess.

ANDREA- Hey, I know this is going to sound completely strange, but do you happen to know Brian Stein?

BEVERLY- Do I know Brian Stein? He's only the smartest guy at school. Of course I know him. I've been lucky enough to have him as a lab partner in advanced chemistry a couple of times.

ANDREA- So here's the deal, Beverly. Brian wants to go to the football game tonight but he doesn't have anyone to go with. I was wondering if you would like to go with him? That is if you don't already have plans.

BEVERLY- A football game? Gee I don't know. I've never been to a football game. And anyway, what makes you think Brian would go with me? I've never seen Brian go out with anyone before.

ANDREA- (Not looking surprised) Oh, Beverly, I'm sure Brian would love to go with you tonight. You know you're a very pretty girl. I  would think any guy would like to take you out.

BEVERLY-Really?

ANDREA- Yes, Beverly, I really think so. So if you're not doing anything at lunch today why don't you come with me to the chess club and we'll talk to Brain.

BEVERLY- You mean he doesn't even know about this yet? Oh, I don't know...

ANDREA- Will you not worry? Everything will work out fine. Trust me, OK?

BEVERLY- Well first I have to get my lunch out of my locker, and then I guess I'll meet you there.

ANDREA- No problem. I have to get mine also. I'll see you there.

INT. SIERRA PALM-LUNCH AREA-DAY.

Andrea is getting her lunch out of her locker. The camera follows her over to the football table. She wants to let everyone know how Josh is doing. As she approaches the table where everyone is sitting Jessica sees her.

JESSICA- Hey Andrea. We haven't seen Josh today. Is he home sick again?

ANDREA- Yeah, I'm afraid so. He's not going to be able to go to the game tonight.

SLIM- (After he swallows a bite of apple.) Josh isn't going to take you to the football game tonight? Bummer!

JESSICA- If you still want to go, Andrea, we could go together.

ANDREA- I would love to if I'm not interrupting any of your plans.

JESSICA- You wouldn't be interrupting anything. we'll have fun.

INT. SIERRA PALM HIGH SCHOOL-BIOLOGY CLASSROOM-DAY.

Andrea, Brian and Beverly all sit at the same table as Andrea and Brian sat at the previous day. They are talking about the date while playing chess.

ANDREA- So it's settled. The two of you are going to the game tonight.

BRIAN-I guess so.

ANDREA What do you mean you guess so? Here's a beautiful girl that would like for you to take her out and all you can say is, 'I guess so?' You can do better than that.

BRIAN- You're right. Beverly, I would love to take you to the game tonight. I think we'll have a great time.

BEVERLY- And I would really enjoy going with you, Brian.

INT. SIERRA PALM-SCIENCE WING-DAY.

Chet once again is listening to the conversation going on inside the classroom. He is obviously amused to find out Brian Stein is going out on a date.

INT. GREEN HOME-KITCHEN-DAY

Mitch and Evelyn are at the table talking about Josh. Josh enters the kitchen. He has been lying down most of the day with headaches plaguing him.

JOSH- Hey guys, what are you talking about.

EVELYN-You honey.

MITCH- Were curious. Do you remember telling us about the game tonight? Do you remember telling us that you already knew the score?

JOSH- Vaguely, to be honest with you.

MITCH- You told us that Sierra Palm was going to lose 20 to 21.

JOSH- Right!  I do remember some of that. I remember a lot about this week, but it's all in fragments. It's out of order. The only thing that I can really see clearly is tomorrow and it seems like yesterday to me.

MITCH- You mean to tell me that this crazy day is not even over yet and you can already see what's going to happen tomorrow?

EVELYN- I've been trying to tell you Mitch.

JOSH- I'm going to Andrea's tomorrow. She lives in La Habra Heights and her house is enormous! I've never seen anything like it before in my life. We went swimming, and I stayed for dinner. Her Dad showed me his car collection and...

MITCH- Whoa. What makes you think you're going to over to Andrea's house tomorrow. You haven't been able to go to school for two days now.

JOSH- But, Dad, you don't understand. I've already been there.

Please leave feedback. Did you like it? Did you not? What could be better?  I'd really like to know.  Your constructive criticism matters to me! Oh yeah if you did like it please vote. Thank you!