Not Exactly A Dream

After breakfast Jackson decided to take a nap, sure he just woke up, but a nap before work couldn't hurt. Plus he has to be well rested to deal with Rico all day, that little vermin.

He laid down on the couch and closed his eyes drifting off to sleep quickly.

Jackson and Lily were sitting on the couch together watching wrestling and eating greasy fast food. They were both wearing casual sweats and drinking out of the same jumbo drink.

Two straws and two smiles.

They belched out "I love you."

Jackson smiled in his sleep, he didn't notice Lily looking at him from across the room, smiling at his crinkled nose.

Jackson licked his thumb and wiped a glob of mustard off of Lily's face.

"Oh honey." Lily giggled.

He sure did love the sound.

Jackson finally felt someone staring at him and woke up to Lily's smile.

"Oh, uh, hey."

"Hey Jackson. You done hogging the couch? There's a Monster Truck rally on that I kinded really want to watch.

He grinned and sprung up. "Cool!" He grabbed the remote off the table in front of him. "What channel?!"

Lily grinned. "311. I'm gonna order some lunch. Ya want something?"

Jackson chuckled to himself. "Big Pete's Belch Barn?" He asked happily.

Lily scoffed. "Duh. Ya want a burger?"

"And fries! Ooh and a jumbo soda bomb!" He yelled excitedly.

"Sure." She chuckled taking out her cell phone. "But I'm not ordering two soda bombs so you'll have to share!" She called out over her shoulder.

"Share?" Jackson smirked. "Like with two cups.. or two straws? Could my dream actually come true?!" He quickly flicked the tv to 311 and ran up the stairs to put on his sweats and brush his hair, then he splashed on a dab of his fathers cologne and slapped his face with aftershave making him yelp and quickly fan his face with his hands. He tested his breath and grimaced. "Ugh, rank." He grabbed the mouthwash and did a quick rinse and spit then he ran back downstairs.

"Dude! You missed the first truck! What were you doing?!" Lily yelled.

It wasn't wrestling, but it was still something cool that he and Lily loved.

Jackson plopped down beside her. "Uh, ya know, just getting ready for work so I can leave right after the rally. Where is Mile at anyway?"

"Some Hannah thing. I would have went as Lola, but Monster Mobile Mash is only on once a year and I never miss it." She said glued to the tv.

"Right. That's cool. So.. You're wearing sweats?" He noticed she was wearing the same thing from his dream.

Lily scoffed. "I have no reason to dress up, and I'm gonna be pigging out on greasy fast food so sweats seemed like the best choice. Why are you wearing sweats if you're going to work?"

"Uhh-" Jackson stumbled over his tongue. "Work..out. Work out. I'm gonna go workout after this."

Lily didn't question it and just kept watching huge trucks crush the cars.

When their food arrived Jackson noticed and got up to pay the man.

Lily blinked when he set everything on the table in front of him. "Uh, did you pay? You didn't have to, or at least I could have paid for half."

He just smiled and sat back down beside her. "Nonsense. A lady should never have to pay, not even for half."

Lily grabbed some fries and shoved them in her mouth. "Wow, Jackson. I didn't know you were a gentleman. Miley usually complains that you would never do anything like that."

Jackson shrugged. "Well I would, but I would be annoyed. It's a brother thing. Pretty girls shouldn't have to pay, but sisters, sisters should pay for their own stuff. Plus she has Hannah money, even if she isn't allowed to use most of it, she has enough to pay for her own stuff. I barely get paid."

Lily reached forward and put two straws in the jumbo cup then she took a long sip. "Makes sense to me." She shrugged and bit into her burger.

"Uh, Lily. You got a little mustard."

"Oh, where?"

Jackson gulped, he didn't lick his finger like he did in the dream because he didn't want to freak her out, but he reached over and rubbed the glob off the side of her lip.

"Heh, thanks." She blushed a little.

Jackson smiled. "No problem."

It wasn't exactly like his dream, but he still enjoyed spending time with her.

He reached for the cup the same time as her, but instead of being awkward they just sipped and sat back together.